Champion

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Friend found this in the barn at her new house.

I've read up on them a bit, but where do I find the serial/model plate? Are they worth anything? See a couple on ebay in the $2-400 range....

MikDee

Banned
Just like the one my Dad had when I was a kid a 4.2hp Champion. It was a good little motor. He used to rent out small boats to fish, and put the motor on. Eventually we got our own boat, a 16' Skimmer to put it on. Not long afterward I destroyed it. As a kid I went out one time, and forgot to add oil to the gas, that was the end I felt so bad, Dad had it for yrs,,,, but, we ended up getting a much better boat! If you can find a Champion Blue Streak 16hp racing motor nowadays, it would be a "catch" they were popular in small boat racing, along with the Mercs,,, it even looked like a Merc, but sort of a royal blue.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Looks like a nice project motor for somebody interested in restoring old motors. If not, pass it on to somebody that is. Good way to do that is place a free ad in the Antique Outboard Motor Club's Webvertize pages at www.aomci.org

Don't expect to get $400 for it though. That's crazy. I might give $50 if you catch me in a weak moment.