Gamefisher 1.2 sparjplug foul after 4 hours

hawlisjawt

Cadet
Hi, use the recommended 50:1 ratio oil/gas mix. The motor run fine execpt when the spark plugs gets foul. Change with brand new 1/4 gas hose (maybe its running rich because of this change) with inline shut off valve and gas filter. Still searching for a solution. Just order a new fuel tank. My last problem is that i cant find a gas cap to buy mine is really broken cant use them so i use a home made rubber cap on the tank actually.

robert graham

Admiral
That carb slide has a needle which slides up and down opening the main jet more or less....there should be about 3 different settings for that needle, changed by moving that little circlip in one of the grooves....if you raise the clip lowering the needle, it will lean out your fuel mixture and maybe help with plug fouling.....But if your motor was running fine before and it just started fouling the plug then maybe you have another problem....old/stale fuel can cause plugs to foul...how old is the gas?....

hawlisjawt

Cadet
Fresh gas with marine sta bill. I own this motor since a month, and a found that i foul the plug since i have it. Im mainly trolling a low speed, but its not normal to run 2-3 hour only before fouling the spark plug.

john drummond

Recruit
i wish to findout the charging current andthe minimum battery cca of my 85 hp evinrude outboard motor :confused:

robert graham

Admiral
Fresh gas with marine sta bill. I own this motor since a month, and a found that i foul the plug since i have it. Im mainly trolling a low speed, but its not normal to run 2-3 hour only before fouling the spark plug.
You might try a lighter fuel/oil mixture for trolling....say maybe 75:1.....also a little hotter range spark plug might help. Maybe during extended trolling, try opening throttle wide open once an hour or so to sorta "burn off" any carbon build up.....