'94 Gamefisher 15hp - no spark

jpstude

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No spark at the plugs. Any ideas on where/how to start checking for power?... aside of getting a name brand outboard

jpstude

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Looks like I have a manual being emailed to me. I hope it has a wiring/ignition diagram. - This thing looks like it has two kill units on it: one that reads "Stop" and the emergency snap-on kill. Question, could one or both of these go bad, and interrupt the power, and how would I check to see if power is getting to them?

jpstude

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks - bypassed switches, and got spark, on both plug wires. So, do you know whether the upper cylinder or the lower cylinder is #1? I guess I can do it by trail and error, only two choices: runs, and doesn't run LOL

jpstude

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks - bypassed switches, and got spark, on both plug wires. So, do you know whether the upper cylinder or the lower cylinder is #1? I guess I can do it by trail and error, only two choices: runs, and doesn't run LOL

jpstude

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks - bypassed switches, and got spark, on both plug wires. So, do you know whether the upper cylinder or the lower cylinder is #1? I guess I can do it by trial and error, only two choices: runs, and doesn't run LOL

jpstude

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks a bunch, brim_buster - got her running fine, after I removed the carb, and completely cleaned it out. Now, I posted a question on how to remove Transom clamp/tilt assembly, on the Force/Chrysler page, as I have to use both hands to turn it.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
It doesnt show how in the manual? Look to see if there are grease fittings and grease them and work the motor to see if it loosens up.

jpstude

Petty Officer 2nd Class
brim_buster - There is one grease fitting, on that shaft but, the squeak was coming from up at the top of the unit. If you go to the Chrysler/Force/Gamefisher page, I put a post, on my little adventure, there. You can read a detailed description of what I had to do. It was really a pain in the rear, but it turns like butter now. The design flaw I see is: the grease fitting is below the upper end of the shaft, and is sealed-off by the nylon upper bushing/bearing, and the nylon collar in the steering damper clamp. The way it's set up, you can't get grease to the upper part of the shaft, nylon bushing, or nylon damper collar. At least i gained some up close and personal knowledge, on how to fix the problem.