1960 5 HP Sea King

pjdrago

Cadet
I have a 1960 5 Hp Sea King that I'm gonna try to get running this summer. I'm looking for parts for it and hear that they are OMC compatible with comparable year Evinrude/Johnson parts. The Model # I have is GG8822A serial # 06X760940.

Could use a SELOC service guide as well. Any suggestions on parts sellers? Looking for a carb kit and probably a water pump kit as well as it's been in storage for years.

Thanks,

Pete

F_R

Supreme Mariner
You heard correctly, it is very similar but not totally the same as a 5.5 hp Evinrude or Johnson of the same year. Chief differences are the Sea king has no cylinder head (that's a water cover), and of course the hood. The J/E carburetor kit and water pump will fit. Get them right here at iboats

pjdrago

Cadet
Thank you very much. I've been eyeballing the Mallory vs. Sierra kits. Any recommendations? I'd also like to get a new float as I'm sure it's an old cork one.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
The float is part number 396514 and is Nitrophyl (Ethanol-proof). Unfortunately, iboats doesn't have that one. You have to get it from an Evinrude dealer, or an on-line Evinrude parts seller. Or go directly to BRP and buy one for an Evinrude. Original part number was 375919, but if you order that one, you should get the new 396514 (hopefully).