eska 5 hp and 7.5 hp ignition

cowbyupnow

Recruit
This is my first time posting here.. But seems to be a lot of great info here. My problem is... I recently acquired a 1975 Eska 7.5 hp which has had the original ignition system replaced... With the excetion of the transformer (coil). The transformer doesnt work though... So i aquired a 5 hp eska for next to nothing with the hopes that i could swap ignitions on them.... Problem is.... I cant seem to get the ignition system off of the crank shaft. Is there a special trick to this?

rspeir

Recruit
Re: eska 5 hp and 7.5 hp ignition

This is my first time posting here.. But seems to be a lot of great info here. My problem is... I recently acquired a 1975 Eska 7.5 hp which has had the original ignition system replaced... With the excetion of the transformer (coil). The transformer doesnt work though... So i aquired a 5 hp eska for next to nothing with the hopes that i could swap ignitions on them.... Problem is.... I cant seem to get the ignition system off of the crank shaft. Is there a special trick to this?

Not a trick, really, but it isn't all that obvious. In cast aluminum base housing (the part to which the transformer and the electronic ignition is attached), is a "setscrew" on the underside of the housing. Mine has a slot like a slot-head screw, and a hole in the middle. You have to unscrew this, then the whole assembly should lift right off.

I'm gonna try to figure out how to include a photo, but this is my first post here on the forum, also! :lol IMG_0703.jpgIMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg