Need Gasket for Eska Powerhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windchime

Cadet
I am attempting to bring a 7 HP 1970 Eska (mod 217-58531, ser. no. 103670) back into running condition. I disassembled the powerhead just far enough to clean out the cooling water channels, but was unable to save the gasket in the process. Does anyone know of a source for such gaskets. I tried the Sears parts site, but if it was there, I missed it. Any help would be appreciated.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need Gasket for Eska Powerhead

You can cut tap out your own gasket with a small ball pean hammer or similar shaped device.
Usually you can tap out a whole gasket but sometimes you can use some punches.
I use the heel of a open end wrench,the end of a ratchet handle etc.
Tap out a couple of holes first so you can hold it in place with a bolt while you tap out the rest.
Start with it over sized so its less likely to tear.
You can get material from NAPA.

Last edited:

oldwardsboat

Recruit
I hope this is the right forum, just signed up.
I have an old Eska 3hp model 298-586190 serial number D120453 and am in need of a twist throttle assembly with cable. Does anyone have a used one for sale or know where I can buy a new one? Thank you for any help

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I hope this is the right forum, just signed up.
I have an old Eska 3hp model 298-586190 serial number D120453 and am in need of a twist throttle assembly with cable. Does anyone have a used one for sale or know where I can buy a new one? Thank you for any help

This thread is over 3 years old. Please read the Help Tip on top of the page and start a new thread with questions.

Second, this forum is not a buy and sell or a swap site. Ebay, Craig's List and others are the places to look.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.