sears 3.5 hp carburator bowl leak

jakoolin

Cadet
Hello everyone, I have an sears 3.5 hp engine serial # 217-58560. My question is whenever I put in gas on this there is a leak on this screw see attached photo. I don't know if this is something needed or can I just buy a regular screw and plug this thing up. Thanks

photo 40.JPG

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: sears 3.5 hp carburator bowl leak

thats a 72 made by Eska and it looks like a drain plug. you dont need it, just lets you drain the bowl without removing the high speed mixture screw which is the one in the center.

jakoolin

Cadet

thats a 72 made by Eska and it looks like a drain plug. you dont need it, just lets you drain the bowl without removing the high speed mixture screw which is the one in the center.

I'm a newbee on this. Do I have to take it all apart and plug it? If so what can you suggest as replacement plug. thnx

robert graham

Admiral

That float bowl drain screw probably should have a washer or O-ring to seal it when it's tightened....

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade

That float bowl drain screw probably should have a washer or O-ring to seal it when it's tightened....
The manual made it look like 2 pcs. the one on the outside mates with one on the inside. you can remove the outside piece and maybe put a replacement screw in there I guess.

jakoolin

Cadet

The manual made it look like 2 pcs. the one on the outside mates with one on the inside. you can remove the outside piece and maybe put a replacement screw in there I guess.

Brim_buster

By any chance you have a digital copy of that manual that you could share with me so I have a better understanding of this motor?

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade

yep send me a private message with your email and I will send it:joyous:

yep send me a private message with your email and I will send it:joyous:
could i get that manual too? just got one of these motors, funny thing is my carb just has a solid screw in the bottom not all that other stuff