Briggs and stratton 5hp outboard motor

seahunter8154

Recruit
I posted Sat. under a different title, but I thought I would post another with more info and see if anyone had any ideas about this motor, I shot some starter fluid in the carb yesterday and it fired right up and yep it is quite loud, but I'm not really to worried about that, but I need to purchase some parts but obviously I need the model number and I am lost as a goose in a hurricane on which of these numbers is the one I need: :faint2:

I just purchased a Briggs & Stratton 5hp OutBoard Motor I was told it's either a 03 or an 04 (camo)
where is the model and serial numbers? I have looked all over and found a bunch of different numbers
but I'm not certain which number is which, I could sure use some help, here are different numbers I
have come across: 698832 (on the muffler), 070309FA63631, 7bSXM.1905EA, 861396, 0629103663, 108336, 861437, REV:A, 7945, 0705140B and 04501 I found all these numbers in various locations on the motor, can you tell me which
of these numbers is the model and serial? thanks any help would be greatly appreciated,
thanks again
:lol:

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Briggs and stratton 5hp outboard motor

Windy posted on your other post 2 great resources to help you. Did you look at either of them.Very good info:)

seahunter8154

Recruit

Yea, I saw them and I appreciate the input, but I tried to put in all the different series of numbers and still had not luck, so I don't know what the deal is, maybe there is another hidden number somewhere on that moter that is the model and I just can't find it, so I'll just keep looking and taking advice on what to do.
thanks

seahunter8154

Recruit

I went online and got Briggs and Stratton on the phone, and as they said in the movie "DODGEBALL" they were as about as helpful
as a "poopy flavored lolipop". I might as well been talking to the wall......