1974 Ted Williams 9.9 hp -- Are parts interchangable with other Eska made outboards?

jim1dad

Recruit
I have a 1974 Ted Williams 9.9 hp outboard made for Sears by Eska. Are there other branded motors that might have interchangable parts that can be used to repair this outboard unit? Specifically I need the shift "lever - handle", Sears part # 56075.

Model # 217.58710 or 217.58720

Serial # 3D215011

I was my Dad's pride and joy. He recently passed away and I would like to keep it humming along to recreate fond fishing memories with my own boys.

Thanks, Jim

jim1dad

Recruit
Re: 1974 Ted Williams 9.9 hp -- Are parts interchangable with other Eska made outboar

I meant "it" was my Dad's pride and joy. --- I was a close second.:facepalm:

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 1974 Ted Williams 9.9 hp -- Are parts interchangable with other Eska made outboar

must be 21758710 looks to be a 73 eska 9.9 with a tecumseh power head. Eska made bunches for sears and others. parts should be interchangeable say with a 9.9 to 15 hp. that other # 21758720 is a 73 with a 10.5 hp powerhead. Check ebay and look for gamefisher, Ted Williams, Eska etc. there are alot of parts on there reasonably priced. I also have the repair manual in PDF format if you would like a copy. I just need your email address.:)

Last edited:

ScrapperCD

Recruit

I have a 1974 Ted Williams 9.9 hp outboard made for Sears by Eska. Are there other branded motors that might have interchangable parts that can be used to repair this outboard unit? Specifically I need the shift "lever - handle", Sears part # 56075.

Model # 217.58710 or 217.58720

Serial # 3D215011

I was my Dad's pride and joy. He recently passed away and I would like to keep it humming along to recreate fond fishing memories with my own boys.

Thanks, Jim

Jim I have the same model numberI picked up in a scrap clean up. I left you a private email regarding this but this is my first time on and not sure if I am doing this properly.
ScrapperCD

da_q-ban_one

Seaman Apprentice

must be 21758710 looks to be a 73 eska 9.9 with a tecumseh power head. Eska made bunches for sears and others. parts should be interchangeable say with a 9.9 to 15 hp. that other # 21758720 is a 73 with a 10.5 hp powerhead. Check ebay and look for gamefisher, Ted Williams, Eska etc. there are alot of parts on there reasonably priced. I also have the repair manual in PDF format if you would like a copy. I just need your email address.:)

Hello brim_buster,

I happen to have just bought a 15hp eska model 14211E which I've been told makes it a 1986-1987 model. Now, I've read mixed reviews on ESKA (some saying that they are crappy motors and other praising how simple, yet efficient little motors they are...), so I was hesitant as to whether I should sell or keep (seeing how many folk out there are raving about just how difficult it is to find parts for some of these older, simpler o/b...
However, my buddy and I both bought a small aluminum package together, and it that came with a 7.5hp Ted Williams, and after seeing it run in the lake the other day... I am sold... not only is it a simple designed little engine, it packs quite a punch and it is LIGHT, very very light, which makes it VERY VERY convenient to put in my inflatable and haul around (especially in the trunk of my car...).

So, I'm also looking to know what other models and series (whether gamefisher, ted williams, etc) are compatible (part-wise) with mine. And would much appreciate a copy of that repair manual pdf you have, if it's not too much trouble :)

I'll PM you with my email address...
Thank you much!

Q-ban