7.5 HP sears gamefisher outboard overheating

I'm currently having problems w/ this gamefisher overheating and looking for a solution

Edit: I modified your post ^^^ once I moved it out of the inactive topic you posted it in.. Thanks, John..

Last edited by a moderator:

jbcurt00

Staff member
I dont know, I moved this out of the inactive topic you posted it in, to a topic of your own.

Best of luck getting the 7.5hp sorted out and back in use this season.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
If the water pump impellor is shot then the powerhead will get hot even though its air cooled.The water sprays the bottom of the powerhead and comes out the exhaust to keep the leg cool. That fuel mix are you running and what spark plug?

I'm running a 50:1 mixture for fuel and the spark plug is a Bosch RO 088. I took the leg off and got down to the impeller, impeller looks alright but there is a pin that is seated between the impeller and the drive shaft that's worn down and doesn't look like its catching the impeller. Im going to source out a new pin and impeller and go from there.

Last edited:
Thought I would update. Ordered a new impeller with pin. Had a hell of a time putting the drive shaft/water line/shift linkage all together and seated properly. (not recommended for impatient people) But the good news is that the motor runs great, just had it going in the garage for about 25 minutes in low gear and it ran great. No hickups or stalls. And water did come out of the exhaust holes, but after warming up it was more misty. Anyways thanks for the help.