57 Elgin 12 hp Cam -WICO 11411C any available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twocyclemania

Chief Petty Officer
I've had my original (had her for 30 years) outboard; a 57 Elgin 12 horse sitting due to the cam. A piece of the cam at the keyway sloughed off and the rough surface ate the points contact. I've been looking on Ebay for more than a year and nothing has showed up. Anyone know where I can find one and get my motor back in action? It has a marking on top that says WICO 11411C thanks!

twocyclemania

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 57 Elgin 12 hp Cam -WICO 11411C any available?

Thanks for the heads up on the electronic system. The motor is a nice runner but I think I'll relegate her to the back corner of my shed; the area where I keep the motors that are 'pending work or parts.' I keep an eye out for all my fleet and when the day comes where the part becomes available they rejoin the living. Sooner or later one of these cams will turn up.

twocyclemania

Chief Petty Officer
Polecrabber: Thanks for thinking of me. It's been a long time and I spent a long time looking for the part. One finally came up on ebay (I got it for around seven bucks). The motor is back in operation. Thanks again! I do appreciate you going out of the way for me.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
where did my post go? I have your part figure out how to get to me and we can work it out.

Your original post was deleted for two reasons. First attempting to sell in the forums and second, posting in an archived thread. And you are still trying to sell, so the thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.