1997 GameFisher (force) 9.9 mag advance adjustment

JasonAych

Petty Officer 1st Class
My throttle does not return the mag advance all the way to low speed idle. The cam has a step in it and carb roller does not make it to the step down. As a result it idles high. The threaded adjustment at the rear of the recoil is adjusted all the way in and the mag idle stop screw is all the way in without popping the plastic cap off.

Do the throttle cables tend to stretch? Am I missing something?

fishrdan

Admiral
Re: 1997 GameFisher (force) 9.9 mag advance adjustment

Does the throttle return all the say to full slow, on the tiller handle.

If it returns to full slow, is the carb's roller touching the throttle cam?

I'd have to double check my Force (7.5 Gamefisher) but remember the carb roller not touching the throttle cam at idle. (IE, timing advances a bit before the carb opens.)

I'm not sure of cable stretch (possible I guess), but can you move the ignition plate further clockwise by hand when, the throttle is turned full slow?

JasonAych

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hard to tell on tiller handle, my indicator band is missing. However, I am pretty sure it is.

My roller touches the cam, it just does not get to the step down.

The ignition plate does not seem to move free of the cable.

Can someone tell me why my thread was moved?? This motor is a carbon copy of a Force 9.9 other than the decals. I want this post in the Force forum!! If we want to play this game, I can just call it a Force next time!

JasonAych

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just looked at a parts diagram. I see there is a cable ajustment in the tiller handle. However, I was thinking about it... If the mag plate stop screw is all the way in, thats as far it is gonna go, no matter what I do with teh cable.

I am thinking, I need to bend the little rod a bit to make sure the throttle plate is closing. It was a a tight fit getting that rod back in and I am thinking I could have bent it. In fact, I may have been concerned I bent it and straightened it out so that the roller was touching the cam... Maybe that is the key here. I see there is an ajustment screw also in the plastic linkage. I will figure it out.

fishrdan, thanks for pointing out the roller does not trouch the cam at idle on your Force 7.5.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Doesnt it have a threaded screw on the tiller side down inside by the linkage that can adjust that. My 94 did and I could adjust that screw till it was where I wanted it. Its called the idle stop screw. the roller should be lined up with the mark on the advance plate and you could adjust that screw till they met. hope that made sense.:facepalm:

Last edited: