Sea king 15 hp

Idahogobbler

Cadet
figured out my fuel starvation problem bad gasket and pin hole in the diaphragm got that all fixed! Now water problem....

Took the lower end off looks like impeller is brand new ware plate looks good how tight should the 4 bolts go on?? when engine is startred it does not pump water out any were??? there are 2 or 3 holes right on the back that just blows air is this the **** holes or exhaust?? also theres no hoses or anything from lower unit to any were I guess I don't get how impeller throws water all the way up just in open space maybe im missing something??? block starts getting very hot so I shut it down before it gets to warm any ideas???

Colton

Idahogobbler

Cadet
Re: Sea king 15 hp

Talked with a mechanic when I got this motor it had nothing connecting the impeller housing to the motor head should their be a hose or a tube that connects the 2?? because right now theres not

Sorry first outboard haha

Colton

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Your motor is a 1983, made by Chrysler/Force. I'm not familiar with that particular model, but there certainly has to be some sort of water tube connecting the pump outlet to the powerhead. It doesn't just "throw" water up there.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have the manual for it in PDF shoot me your email I will send it to ya.

Idahogobbler

Cadet

awesome thank you!!! sent you a PM

I was very mistaken there is a copper tube that I can tell was a home made jig that does come down into the impeller housing I shot a garden hose up it and water instantly came out of the 2 holes I put it all back together put it in a barrel fired it up and still no water and motor still got hot started to get frustrated.... between the housing and the pressure plate is there supposed to have a gasket or any thing??? also pressure plate as a tiny dent in it towards the center it dosent look like the impeller is hitting any of it though

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade

awesome thank you!!! sent you a PM

I was very mistaken there is a copper tube that I can tell was a home made jig that does come down into the impeller housing I shot a garden hose up it and water instantly came out of the 2 holes I put it all back together put it in a barrel fired it up and still no water and motor still got hot started to get frustrated.... between the housing and the pressure plate is there supposed to have a gasket or any thing??? also pressure plate as a tiny dent in it towards the center it dosent look like the impeller is hitting any of it though

The manual is showing a gasket below the plate. page 8-23 in the manual. But thats the bigger engines. I searched the manual and the smaller engines dont show a gasket in the break down.:facepalm:

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

My aftermarket manual shows 2 styles of pump; a 3 bolt cover that uses a top plate.
There is also a 4 bolt cover that appears not to have a top plate.Both indicate a 8 vane impeller.
Be sure the intakes are clear,the water tube seals are in place.
When in a barrel be sure the water is above the pump.