5HP Twin Gale information?

wyocharlie

Recruit
Re: 5 HP Twin Gale repair manual

Re: 5 HP Twin Gale repair manual

Hi, does anyone have a pdf copy of a repair manual for a 1959 Sea King (Gail Products) 5 HP? I need to replace the water pump impeller, but I haven't found how to disconnect the shift rod so I can pull the lower unit. Thanks!

wyocharlie

Recruit
Re: 5HP Twin Gale information?

I have a PDF copy of the repair manual if you would like a copy. Just send me your email.

If you still have this one will you email a copy? I have a 1959 Sea King (Gail Products) 5 HP that is in need of a water pump impeller, and I can't figure out how to disconnect the shift rod. Thanks!

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
You have to remove the power head to access the shift connector. You might try PM ing Brim_ Buster.
While it is apart you should replace the bottom crank seal.

ddwilson

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Steelespike is correct you have to pull the power head to unhook the shift shaft. Order a power head gasket and would not hurt to replace the lower seal too while you are in there. Just finished up my 56 sea king 5, ran great last weekend on my 14' Lone Star

naturelover

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 5HP Twin Gale information?

Well, now that you mentioned it...

I've lost the original.... :facepalm:

Its in the garage somewhere, but I've looked it over and can't find it. The new connector was what I had on hand, and figured since it was new, I'd try it to see.

While I was hoping the old one would just magically appear (that is usually what happens, I'll find something when I'm not looking), I guess I'm going to have to put out and APB for it.

Hopefully it turns up, if not, may have to order the original.

Well, did find the original on the web, it is much smaller. Can't remember if mine looked like that or not, but am off to go look for it..

Thanks F_R. :)

Well, been a long time, but I finally found the original fuel fitting.

It was in my box of worm hose clamps..... :facepalm:

TWBass

Recruit
I also have one of these motors anymore info about it would be helpful. Year etc... and where I can get a part for it. The part is more cosmetic then anything its the slow speed control knob is broke in half. it is still in good working order. Other then that it runs like a top I would also like to get a manual for it. If it is still available. .I do knot know the oil/gas ratio either that would be a big help. Thank you in advance.