Sears 7.5 horsepower engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Had one dropped off and don't know much about them, have a few questions.
Is the only place to get parts for these engines is sears, any aftermarket parts available, (water pump impeller)?
Anybody help out on the year, google search didn't show anything. Model 217-58591-1, serial 6D 081710.
What oil/fuel ratio do these engines use?
Thanks in advance for the help.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Sears 7.5 horsepower engine

Thats a 76 and I have a copy of the repair manual in PDF format if you would like a copy.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: Sears 7.5 horsepower engine

Thanks for the offer, that would be great.

BackwoodsFun

Recruit
I just joined the site and have found alot of helpful info on here. I also have the same model number of Ted Williams outboard and I am slowly rebuilding it. I have an owners manual which does help. brim_buster if I may ask could you also send me a copy of that as well? As I have been having a hard time finding torque sequence for the had bolts on the motor. I do have the torque specs but not the sequence in which to tighten them down in.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I just joined the site and have found alot of helpful info on here. I also have the same model number of Ted Williams outboard and I am slowly rebuilding it. I have an owners manual which does help. brim_buster if I may ask could you also send me a copy of that as well? As I have been having a hard time finding torque sequence for the had bolts on the motor. I do have the torque specs but not the sequence in which to tighten them down in.

Please use the Private Messaging system. Posting in old inactive threads is covered in the Help Tip on top of the page.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.