eska 7.5 hp water pump replacement

carlkot

Recruit
The motor has a water pump for the exshaust. It requires replacement. I've removed the bottom end bolts. Bottom end will not come off. I've started taking the top of gear box apart. Im unable to remove motor. Is there a good description on replacing pump. I need a manual, also.

MahtyMaht

Chief Petty Officer
Re: eska 7.5 hp water pump replacement

Model number would help here. If you have a shift lever, there's a two screw oval plate on the port side of the leg above the lower unit. Yank that plate and there's a joint in the shift linkage retained by a single screw. pull the screw to separate the upper from the lower linkage. Power head will leap off into your hands. When you get it off, you can put he lower unit in a bench vise clamping on the skeg. The first thing the drive shaft goes into is the pump housing, retained by two nuts. yank'em and you have the impeller.

carlkot

Recruit

The model is a 1976B. Serial #67-233305

MahtyMaht

Chief Petty Officer

You got no shift linkage - it's a clutch at the top of the driveshaft. The drive shaft is set screwed onto the crank. Stand it on it's head and pump the drive shaft with whatever penetrating oil you like and let it run down the shaft to the clutch. Try not to break the clutch, they are not gettable. I've never actually seen one of these, but these guys have;

Yahoo! Groups