Eska 7.5 float level issue

phrozin

Seaman Apprentice
Trying to get the float level set to the spec height. I know the proper height and the bend the tab method to set it. My problem is that i cannot get it to the spec level. The inlet needle seat is down all the way and there is no debris under it to cause the height issue.. I have the tab bent as much as it can go. I am still 2x higher than what it should be. Without the inlet needle seat i can get the proper height. How important is this little red character? Please help.. Any thoughts or suggestions.

MahtyMaht

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Eska 7.5 float level issue

No model number, huh? Not helpful. You only have 2 choices - There's still another needle seat in the hole, or you have the wrong length needle. If the tab is bent too far, it'll just bind up. Red character? I'm thinkin' you must mean a fuel pump element.They also call it a duckbill. It has to be put in there with the slot ends pointed at 2 and 8 o'clock. It's also good at hiding splits and cracks. I like to look at it under a magnifying glass while I roll it between my fingers, so if there are any splits or tears, they'll open up and I can see the durned thangs. You can generally extract the neoprene needle seat with a #4 crochete hook. Post a model number.

phrozin

Seaman Apprentice

Not refering to the fuel element. Where the float needle sits, there is a little red gromment with a hole in the center that sits in the needle tube.. Came with the carb kit and on all the diagrams i look at its supposed to be in there. Maybe supposed to be in there with older style needle/kits?? I can txt or email pics if wanting a visual.

windy5849

Petty Officer 1st Class

There's still another needle seat in the hole said:
I agree,it sounds like the original seat is still in the bore.The original was a tan color and may now appear silver from age.If you remove the red seat from the new carb kit,does the float sit where it should be? If it is correct,then the old seat is still in there.

phrozin

Seaman Apprentice

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Able to get proper height WITHOUT this red needle seat. Cannot with it in. I will try to see if anything else is in the tube but what is in there now feels like part of the copper tubing.

phrozin

Seaman Apprentice

Put the carb back together without this newer red seat. Met proper height. Will see how it runs.