Someone help please!!! 3 HP Eska Carb "Issue"

Eska3.0

Cadet
Hey guys, I posted a while back in regards to a little 3 hp outboard I picked up(1975 Eska). The unit runs great now that ive put a few tanks through it along with some sea foam to clean the carb. I must say, sea foam is an amazing product. Anyways, back to the point of this thread. A few things were needed to get it up and running, I had to take apart and clean the fuel valve coming out of tank as it was plugged and hard to even turn on rotation. I did that and one more thing I need to do is change the fuel line as its become quite brittle over the years and leaks right where the fuel line connects to the carb via that little "nipple". My "Issue" as the thread states, is that when I was in the process of taking off the fuel hose (which i had done a few times before already) i somehow accidentally pulled that "nipple" out of the carb with the hose. I noticed it and quickly inserted the "stem/nipple" back into the original hole, however now it wont push in all the way liike it was before therefore has about a 1/4 inch sticking out that never stuck out before. Ive ran this unit a few times since then with no issues other then the leaking due to the fuel line. IS this something i should be concerned about or should I just forget about it since it hasnt seemed to affect motor performance?? New to outboards so any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again in advance for any/all replies.

tomhath

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Someone help please!!! 3 HP Eska Carb "Issue"

I'd clean it and the hole it goes in real well and press it in firmly. It's just a connector; as long as it doesn't leak or fall apart you should be fine.

Eska3.0

Cadet

Ohh ok sounds good ill do that. Thanks for helpin. Prob sounds like a dumb question lol but had me stumped.

MahtyMaht

Chief Petty Officer

I'd likely JB weld the nipple in there - you don't need the fuelin fallin' off and dumpin' fuel all over the place.

Eska3.0

Cadet

good idea never though about that! thanks for the tip!