Gale outboard model year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEROCOOK

Master Chief Petty Officer
]I just picked up a Gale 15hp outboard and I'd just like confirmation on the model year.
The model number is 15D 12B which I think is a 1962 model year?
I made this assumption after reading another post where the model was a 15D 10B and it was identified as a 1960 model.
Aside from the hood and paint color, the motor looks very much like my 1961 Evinrude 10hp. Are they basically the same motor?
Thanks.

100_5512.jpg

Last edited:

AEROCOOK

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Gale outboard model year?

I found the answer to my model year question, turns out it's a 1961. The displacement is 19.94 CI which is more than my 1961 Evinrude 10hp so they are not the same basic motor as I had suspected though they do share many common parts.
I found all of this info in the Gale factory service manual that I downloaded off of the internet.

Cactus kid

Recruit
Hello all I also have a question about Gale Sovereign year .. I just got a 1966 fiberglass boat with A Gale Sovereign 40 motor model 40DE15BL Ser 843016 can anyone identify what the year is . I also have a 40 Johnson on the boat but many things are different. Lover end is different but starter etc are the same . I plan on parting out the Gale and want to advertise it properly. I could not find a classified section on this site. Thank you. For any help Cactus Kid

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hello all I also have a question about Gale Sovereign year .. I just got a 1966 fiberglass boat with A Gale Sovereign 40 motor model 40DE15BL Ser 843016 can anyone identify what the year is . I also have a 40 Johnson on the boat but many things are different. Lover end is different but starter etc are the same . I plan on parting out the Gale and want to advertise it properly. I could not find a classified section on this site. Thank you. For any help Cactus Kid

jbcurt00

Staff member
Cactus, there is no classifed section at iboats

Please dont hijack other members topics, start a topic about your Gale if you have questions.

Refrain from posting into inactive topics, agter 90days w no recent posts, topics are inactive and should remain that way.

Again, please dont discuss parting out your motor in the open forums.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.