old 7.5 Ted Williams carb help

squirrel30668

Seaman Apprentice
So I'm back again and this time I took my carberator apart and found a little rubber piece that searspartsdirect called an element. This piece on my crab was ripped on the sides. Coinsicidently my engine is flooding and running at maybe 1/4 throttle while I have it at wot. Do you think this could be my problem? I have cleaned the carb thoroughly and tree float and needle seemed fine. I was going to include a link that shows thepiece but I'm haven problems. So if you go to searspartsdirect.com and type in 217-58880 for the model number and look at the carberator and it's number 6 in the diagram

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: old 7.5 Ted Williams carb help

is it pinkish in color? if so its your problem.

squirrel30668

Seaman Apprentice

Mine is more or less red but when I pulled it out it was shredded down the side and I'm pretty sure that's what was makin my motor pop and fart

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade

you can get the kit from sears or ebay.

MahtyMaht

Chief Petty Officer

Tecumseh-2.jpgIt's also called a 'duckbill', and it's the most likely cause of your problems. Do not get parts from Sears or eBay, get OEM parts from Certified Parts Corporation, call them with part numbers;

VinParts

Or from these guys;

Results for Eska - Sears / Ted Wms

When you install the new duckbill, be sure the ends of the slot are pointed at 8 and 2 o'clock, or it can be dammaged. (See top image inset above).

Last edited: