Force/Gamefisher 15hp Starter Spool And Rewind Spring?

mshiff62

Seaman Apprentice
I got a new starter spool for my 1987 Force 15hp, and I am trying to put it back in and wind the spring correctly. Anyone done this and have an idea on how to do it or have pictures? It is the kind where the spring slides down inside the shaft on the spool.

Thanks!

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Force/Gamefisher 15hp Starter Spool And Rewind Spring?

Where did you find it at I need one. I have the repair manual for that motor I can send you in PDF format if you want it.

mshiff62

Seaman Apprentice

I actually figured it out, found a good video on youtube. But I got it from **********, the part number is 817811A1 and it is #18 on the diagram! $36 wasnt too bad and its a lot nicer then the original one.

mshiff62

Seaman Apprentice

Brim, do you know what the correct spark plug would be? I have L82YC's and I assume they are just projected vs the L82C's which aren't. And also what is the gap?? .035 is what I have been seeing..

mshiff62

Seaman Apprentice

Since my post was edited.. go to boats dot net. or google that part number.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have the manual if you would like a copy. email me sdpuff62168@gmail and I will send it to you. the best plug is a ngk B7 something I have to go look or a U81RL I think.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Did you get the whole starter assy or just the spool? I need the whole assy. and if you combine all the parts its about 175.00.