Gale->OMC Parts Cross Compatibility Chart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgodfrey

Seaman Apprentice
I'm going to rebuild a 1958 Sea King 25hp (Wards GG-8589A, or Gale 22D15B)

Motor's been sitting for decades, so it's the typical perishable stuff that needs replacement. Seals. Gaskets. Ignition. Carb kit. Standard straightforward barn find that I've done plenty of times before with J/E models. But this is my first larger Gale.

I have the old Gale service manual, which is great for diagrams and exact name of parts and such, but it lacks part numbers.

I know that most (if not all) of the parts I need are readily found when you use the OMC numbers, but year to year, Gale and J/E had some quirky variations. Has anyone seen something like this?

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Gale->OMC Parts Cross Compatibility Chart?

No problem, you have a PM (private message).

trp19string

Cadet

I too am reviving an older outboard. Its a 1952 Goodyear Seabee 12d10 (by gale) and I am running into the same problem with the cross referencing, my manual does not give part numbers also.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

You have a PM also.

naturelover

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have that same model GG18732A, and all the parts I used were ordered for a CD-19 with no problems.

I was surprised at the amount of parts available, most replaceable parts are out there.

Check the shock absorber shaft and bearing plate in the lower unit also, my Gale 5hp thread has some pics of my lower unit rebuild and some great info from the members here if needed.

Last edited:

geralsc3

Recruit

I'm going to rebuild a 1958 Sea King 25hp (Wards GG-8589A, or Gale 22D15B)

Motor's been sitting for decades, so it's the typical perishable stuff that needs replacement. Seals. Gaskets. Ignition. Carb kit. Standard straightforward barn find that I've done plenty of times before with J/E models. But this is my first larger Gale.

I have the old Gale service manual, which is great for diagrams and exact name of parts and such, but it lacks part numbers.

I know that most (if not all) of the parts I need are readily found when you use the OMC numbers, but year to year, Gale and J/E had some quirky variations. Has anyone seen something like this?

hey , sorry , this is my first time posting on here ! I need help to identify the year of my evinrude gale . here is the model # 35de13b serial # 790483 thanks in advance , sorry , I didnt know where on this site to ask for help thanks again

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member

hey , sorry , this is my first time posting on here ! I need help to identify the year of my evinrude gale . here is the model # 35de13b serial # 790483 thanks in advance , sorry , I didnt know where on this site to ask for help thanks again

Start a thread about your Gale motor by clicking this link. Use something like this as a title:

Help w/ Gale outboard model 35de13B

then if you have any questions about repairing it or getting/keeping it running, just ask them in YOUR motor thread :cool:

This link may be of interest though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.