cruise'n carry manual

old_skool

Recruit
looking for a manual for the cruise'n carry 6800 6hp outboard by hmc. a copy of one will be fine, any help appreciated, don't have any specific repair question at this time, just looking for a manual for my motor, before I start working on it, just got a non-running motor.

old_skool

Recruit
Re: cruise'n carry manual

Well, I dove right into it anyway, replaced all the petcock o-rings....one leak gone, now going through all the old hardened fuel lines, some of which were leaking from being hard and not sealing over the nipples. Alos going to my local tractor store to get a new spark plug boot, this one has had it. Just a tip when replacing the boot, cut back approx a half inch off the plug wire before threading on the new boot. I'll take some pics of this motor, I like the simplicity and size and how lightweight it is, especially for a 6hp motor. Hopefully, she'll run well. This will be going on my 12' Lowe aluminum, I just picked up.

old_skool

Recruit

New fuels lines, made an air filter it didn't have, rebuilt the petcock, no more fuel leaks and wahoooo!!! fires right up, works perfect. Just a sidenote for any 2 stroke builders, if your missing the air filter element, make or buy one, it needs that additional restriction to properly start, choke alone isn't enough, on some motors anyway.! Safe boating

Grub54891

Vice Admiral

I've never seen an outboard with a air filter. Just an empty box over the carb. There is very little dust on the water. If it needs more restriction,something isn't right.
Grub