Eska Golden Jet

Golden Jet 5

Recruit
Does the water come out the exhaust if the impeller is working? It`s a 5hp Golden Jet Model 169---SN-63595 Thanks, Ken

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Eska Golden Jet

The power head is air cooled, the leg is water cooled water should mist out the relief holes on the leg.

ynotdixon

Recruit

picked up this little outboard has been in storage for many years with gas in the tank!
so I started by taking it apart cleaned the carb to my specs (its like new) but the diaphragm is pretty stiff. derusted the fuel tank changed spark plug. thinking it should run mounted it to my garbage can put water in it and started to turn it over. no luck sprayed some starter fluid and it fired right up! YAY! but thats as far as i got. I'm using a 16:1 fuel mix (specs I got on line) is fuel right? if so what should I look at next? I have fuel and spark what next?

thanks tony d

MahtyMaht

Chief Petty Officer

I think your model number is 1169, making yours a '67 5hp. It's one of the old school split case gigs. When you get here;

EBSCOhost - world's foremost premium research database service

type in username Marshall, password public

Click small engine repair, then clicl outboards, then Eska. Squirt fuel/oil premix in there to test fire it - that ether is an oil removing solvent, and your engine hates it. If it runs on what you squirt in there then dies, you ain't gettin' fuel. The Tecumseh engine number is 634-07. If you want to kit that carb, go here;

Results for Eska - Sears / Ted Wms

or call these guys;

VinParts

Or here;

eska outboard motor part page1

There are some snappin' good hands on this forum if you need expertise, and there are some eska Phd's here, too

eskaoutboards : Eska Outboards Group

twocyclemania

Chief Petty Officer

I have an Golden Jet that I've worked with off and on. When I first cleaned it up (tank, carb., plug, fuel line,etc.) it fired up and ran okay but gradually would run less and less (basically a few minutes down to virtually nothing). I put in a replacement carb diaphram but to no avail. I picked up another carb. - no luck. Took the replacement diaphram off the other carb - still no luck. Both carbs were cleaned. Like yours mine doesn't seem to be getting fuel. I'm about to tackle it again. Let me know if you find any solution to the (what appears to be a) fuel problem. The only thing I can think of is that the carb is very sensitive to any rust via the tank; maybe less forgiving than other motors with sediment bowls or room at the bottom of carb body. I don't like in-line filters as they seem to restrict the gravity flow. Anybody have any take on these motors and fuel problems ???

twocyclemania

Chief Petty Officer

Mahty: Thanks for the info. Looks like the site I need. Will keep you informed when I solve this. thanks

ynotdixon

Recruit

took the little outboard out in the river and ran into a sand bar! And bent the prop! So when I got home I pulled of the shaft nut and tried to pull the prop but wound up braking the shaft!! now the lower unit is toast!!! does anyone out there have a lower unit for this little eska?Pic-08202013-001.jpgPic-08202013-002.jpgPic-08202013-003.jpg