Does anyone know hp of a champion outboard?

jvitt

Cadet
I am trying to determine the HP of a Champion outboard. I cant find any hp, or model/sn's on it. It just Champion Blue Ribbon Hydoro Power. I can't find anything else. It is a single cylinder. Can anyone help?

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Does anyone know hp of a champion outboard?

Hydro Power or Hydro Drive?? The only Hydro Drive I can find was model 4L-HD but it was a twin cylinder 8.5hp. I have a whole bunch of Champion parts catalogs, but don't have time right now to go through all of them looking for a Hydro Power. Single cylinder Champions were typically 4.2hp

Lodgepole

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Does anyone know hp of a champion outboard?

Hydro Power or Hydro Drive?? The only Hydro Drive I can find was model 4L-HD but it was a twin cylinder 8.5hp. I have a whole bunch of Champion parts catalogs, but don't have time right now to go through all of them looking for a Hydro Power. Single cylinder Champions were typically 4.2hp

Right, the single cylinder "Blue Ribbon" was 4.2 Hp. I have 2. Champion made a twin @ 7.9 HP and then a larger twin @ 16.5 HP. I also have one of these which will fly on a 14' Crestliner. My dad had a 7.9 which I skied behind at 16 on a 12' Blue Star 90# boat. Started off the dock but wasn't much fun. Just wanted to see if I could do it.