Montgomery ward sea king help

froggy6916

Cadet
hey there, i just bought a montgomery ward sea king 3hp 1949, i was able to get everything tuned and seems to run good, only problem is it only spits out water at high speeds none at low speed and i think i need a new impeller, now i have read numerous posts here that have links and stuff of where to get them but when i go to those sites i never know what to look for or they are all for newer years, etc. the point is i get confused looking for it, so if someone could steer me in the right direction and tell me exactly what part and where i can get it that would be great and very much appreciated. i took a video of the motor witch you can view here. thanks for any help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBCPBUaBDco

froggy6916

Cadet
Re: Montgomery ward sea king help

some pictures of the motor

Attachments

• sk1.JPG
    sk1.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 0
  • sk2.JPG
    sk2.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 0
  • sk3.JPG
    sk3.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 0

Seanmotor

Cadet

some pictures of the motor

Man I hear ya the best thing to do is get ahold of a manual then u can have everything on hand and the names for the parts that u r tryin to get I am tryin to fix my 1956 12hp sea king an the motor runs great but the pull start assembly is what I need to fix but tryin tO find info tO fix it was close to impossible. Manual helps avoid all that I still need to get one .

aspeck

Staff member

Seanmotor, welcome to iboats. Thanks for joining and being a part. However, we do ask that you get familiar with the rules as every forum has just a little different perspective. One of the rules here is that if a thread has been inactive for 3 months or more it should remain inactive, except when resurrected by the original poster. In this case, the original poster has not visited the forum in almost 4 months, and this thread has been inactive for almost 8 months. Thanks.