I would like to know year of Model # K7503110E of a Montgomery Ward Sea King 7.5

It has a serial #1061795, Type #XTV 52259 and it is made by Clinton Motors. It is a water cooled engine.
I also have a question, the person I got it from told me it runs good but the spark on the spark plug (not sure if he is talking about the spark between the wire and the top of the plug which would concern me or the spark at the end of the spark plug, which I gather could be fixed (hopefully by replacing the plug). Thanks again for any help, I am much appreciate the experience and respect all the fine people who help the ones of us who lack in knowledge of these older engines!

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: I would like to know year of Model # K7503110E of a Montgomery Ward Sea King 7.5

It is a 1975. I don't know what kind of BS he is feeding you about the spark. I don't think he does either.

M

mrcrabs

Re: I would like to know year of Model # K7503110E of a Montgomery Ward Sea King 7.5

I wonder if this is another Wabash Solid State ignition, its a on going subject of interest,

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4407256.html

Pete's pictures

P2090936.jpg

P2090939.jpg

P2090938.jpg

Thanks mrcrabs. After reading that all I have to say is WOW! is the part available at your websites I got from you or maybe monkey wards? Hopefully with instructions. Again, thank you from the bottom of my pea pickin heart! engcotop.

M

mrcrabs

No not yet, but were not even sure what you have, it is more tham likly a points model, Clintons were known for a weak spark. Pull the flywheel off and take us a piture to ID what you have, PM me and I will get back to you witha e-mail addy, Iboats pic upload is not working.

Not sure what e-mail addy is? I am going to get a puller today or tomorrow and try and get it off. I tried with larger screw driver, but I don't want to bust it up. If you will tell me how to send you a couple of pictures, I will do it as soon as I get it off. Thank you again!