Cruise n carry 6600 parts book?

aeviaanah

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Anyone come across a cruise n carry 6600 parts book?

I just got one from a friend of mine, was able to get it running. I need a few parts to button it up tho.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Re: Cruise n carry 6600 parts book?

EDIT: BTW good luck finding parts.... these engines were discontinued over 20 years ago.... I have one and they're neat but the very few parts I've seen cost WAY too much... like the plastic shroud on ebay for $95 plus shipping.... that's about all the whole engine would sell for

Edit again... look at link in post 4.... found the manual online for free

Bondo

Staff member

the 12lb motor,model 6600 1.5hp

Ayuh,.... So, is this a bolt on, kicker outboard,..??

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

it's basically a weedwhacker engine turned into an outboard.... they have a transom clamp with only one clamp bolt. shifter is forward neutral only. it is air cooled and has a thumb throttle on the tiller.

they're tiny little things
http://jvangurp.com/cruise_n_carry.html
cc17pic.jpg

aeviaanah

Petty Officer 3rd Class

it's basically a weedwhacker engine turned into an outboard.... they have a transom clamp with only one clamp bolt. shifter is forward neutral only. it is air cooled and has a thumb throttle on the tiller.

they're tiny little things
http://jvangurp.com/cruise_n_carry.html
cc17pic.jpg

Hey thanks for the reply. I found that website a few days ago. Good source for manual, it has came in handy so far for a few things including spark end gap, proper lower end oil and maintenance. The parts page is too hard to read tho, low quality scan.

I took it out today and it doesnt give much power for my 12' boat. I think if I was alone and the 130lb outboard wasnt on the back it do fine. The amount of weight I had today really worked the motor, i just shut it off and ran the 15hp. Take care!

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

well the first post I made originally had a link to a guy selling a copy on disk on ebay... If you do a search there you'll find him

bad1

Recruit

well the first post I made originally had a link to a guy selling a copy on disk on ebay... If you do a search there you'll find him

Hi everyone,
Were can I find a manual, or parts? I tried the URL's in this thread, but nothing,
I have a 6500 Cruise N Carry, any help will be greatly appreciated.