Post pics of your old tanaka's

Paul Pro

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Also please, any stories,or mods.I once had my first 1.75 fall off the transom at the lake ,"going in circles" took her home,then came back the same day and gave her a good run;)I know these motors are noisy,but I managed to cut down some vibration issues by adding thin pieces of foam around the sides and the front.Also any hairline cracks on shell,I used "goop" on the inside of cowling to keep the cracks from spreading,Keep a spare ngk plug on board,or change it every 100hours.Maybe with your help we can get these motors back into production Please click my youtube channel to see vid of the motors running.:)[video] MrHukaspukas [/video],I bolted a block of wood on the transom for each motor to sit on,I raised them about 4"s.My first time running [video]twin outboards[/video],I hope you enjoy.This is one good way to go faster without selling your old motor,I know we sometimes get attached to our motors and can't let go of the past..Paulpro knows boating like Bo knows baseball,also see[video]identical twin outboards [/video],[video]boating in bay[/video]

Attachments

• my new old motor,25years old,yet new.jpg
    my new old motor,25years old,yet new.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 0
  • gamefisher.jpg
    gamefisher.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 0
  • identical twins.jpg
    identical twins.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 0
  • boating in bay.jpg
    boating in bay.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 0
  • twin motors cold start.jpg
    twin motors cold start.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 0

nwcove

Admiral
Re: Post pics of your old tanaka's

i like the posts, but see a trend, is this an easy way around the spam filters? jmo

Paul Pro

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i like the posts, but see a trend, is this an easy way around the spam filters? jmo

"a little spam never hurt anyone" There is an identical twin for every man and machine Paulpro;) Make sure to watch my vids on youtube,I posted 2 vids running with two pers and gear.Stay tuned for my "solo run" with dual motors now on payper view:p thanks,) Paulpro knows boating like Bo knows baseball..Feel free to comment,Paulpro takes the, good..... with the bad.Most of all, to all you Tanaka fans,please sit back and enjoy..;)

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

Yep, I have a 1hp model, myself. No pics yet.

Paul Pro

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Happy New Year to all the Tanaka fans.I planed to post my solo run vid but it got late.I got going 7mph two guys 150lb,and hit 9.15! on my solo run,I'll mess some more with the trim and see later this week,I'll be back [video]identical twin outboards[/video]