My Tanaka 3.0 Gamefisher will not turn...she be froze

mytidawg

Recruit
Hi everyone......

recently had the problem of the Tanaka Sears Gamefisher not wanting to pull when I go to give her a yank to start her.....it's like everything just froze up....is there some type of lock on this where it is preventing me from actually trying to start it...it used to run awesome.....how do we take off the shroud? ~VF San Jose CA

nwcove

Admiral
Re: My Tanaka 3.0 Gamefisher will not turn...she be froze

dont know much about your particular motor, but i doubt there is any "lock", other than a seized motor or a serious problem in the gearcase (down by the prop)

robert graham

Admiral

remove spark plug and try to pull it, if than it won't turn remove the shroud(4 phillips head screws on top) and put a wrench on flywheel nut to try and turn it. If water entered motor at some time then piston rings could be rusted to cylinder walls, spray penetrating oil in spark plug hole and let it soak. Hopefully your crank bearings aren't rusted and locked up. Good Luck!

Burrah

Recruit

Not to jinx your repair... but if you do happen to wind up with a truly frozen motor and are forced to part it out... I'd be interested in a couple of parts for mine... saundersfam@bellsouth.net

mytidawg

Recruit

Hi there

I was able to get it free....poured some Marvel Mystery Oil in thee and let it set a day or two and she is now free!

check eBay for parts they seem to have many items!

VF
San Jose CA

Not to jinx your repair... but if you do happen to wind up with a truly frozen motor and are forced to part it out... I'd be interested in a couple of parts for mine... saundersfam@bellsouth.net