eska(sportfisher)1971 model #1733c 5hp

narwhals

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: eska(sportfisher)1971 model #1733c 5hp

the micro fich that we have are the actual breakdowns of the complete outboards built by tecumseh that i was refering to in the posts for parts.sorry for trying to help people obtain parts.

M

mrcrabs

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings or bully over or keep you from helping anybody narwhals but I know of what I speak and the very best thing is to have a owners manual for you Eska or sears model...forget the micro fich it no doubt will have people chasing there tails trying to find obsolete parts at some obsolete no longer franchised used to be Tecumseh dealer...I actually have a close friend who is a disinfranchised used to be tecumseh dealer and I have access to the micro fich of which I find no joy...the AV models are peculiar in this way because they had limited application unlike many 4 cycle Tecumseh motors and cross overs are so limited it really is pointless.

I'm sorry if I offended you but I have been at this for some time

Lets be friends:)

losnbama

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thats y i asked narmhals. this is my first outboard ever. yeah i been around them but never owned one. good thing it only cost 75$. and its a 71 soo long as you provide wat i need itll b ok haha ;)

MahtyMaht

Chief Petty Officer

I read someplace in my extensive sears 3.5 research, that Tecumseh only did the rubber tipped float needles for a couple of years. The 3.5 had the usual aluminum needle with a brass seat in the carb. The brass seat would have tipped the knowledgeable that this carb needed a rubber tipped needle, but having gone to the 4 biggest small engine repair shops, and sought out the oldest guys, none of them ever mentioned a rubber tip, as they'd never heard of it. The 3.5 needle wouldn't seat,so it drooled fuel out the overflow. I never found a part number for that needle, but I spliced a rubber tipped weedeater needle to the aluminum Tec needle, reset the float, and that little bugger has been running drool free ever since. Does your carb have a brass seat? Seems the aluminum needle only uses the viton seats.

losnbama

Petty Officer 2nd Class

and the seat is brass..ill take the carb off n take some pics to let u guys c wat im talkin bout...the needle does look like an aftermarket one indeed

narwhals

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i checked out a break down of your engine and it does show part # 93a as the viton tip needle and spring but it also shows the standard needle and seat with clip to float as part 93. i'm not 100% sure but it appears that you might be able to change it to that configuration. i found a website www.discountmarineparts.com that showed a carb rebuild kit for your motor, there part # was DI-52030, no confirmation if they have the kit in stock. good luck on your rebuild and pictures always help.

losnbama

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ive seen that narwhals..this particular model was prob one of the crossovers to the typical needle and seat we see today(just guessing) didnt get to brk the carb down like i said...but i did make a couple vids...jus gotta fig out how to load them???

narwhals

Petty Officer 2nd Class

that just brought a smile to my face. i just love the sound of a 2-stroke, brings me back to a time of holding the throttle wide open ,5th gear pegged racing across the terrain on my YZ-250. those days are passed but nothing beats the sound of a 2-stroke or the smell of one in the morning. congrats on reviving the beast.

losnbama

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ikr..it chokes out at 3/4 throttle...but the foot is off as the impeller is not here yet.then il c wat i gots lol

losnbama

Petty Officer 2nd Class

put the impeller on rebuilt the carb (new needle and seat fuel element etc) come out 1 1/4 on the high speed needle and seemed like forever of pulling it spit 1 time..came out another 1/4 turn..it wont even hit now???

MahtyMaht

Chief Petty Officer

Getting fuel? Is the slot in the duckbill pump @ 8 and 2 o'clock? Is the thin flapper under the fuel inlet on top of the thicker gasket?

losnbama

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i had to tweek the float a good bit to get the 11/64 gap desired.

M

mrcrabs

genrally if the float has never been messed with in the past and you set the new viton seat correctly you don't have to tweek the float, however sometimes myself I have had issues getting that seat in just right or I blindly inverted the damn thing which will cause me to have to re adjust the float which is useless and so I pull out another kit and use my magnifing glasses and make sure the seat is right side up....a common mistake. My moral of the story is don't tinker and drink to much miller lite....lol :facepalm:

yesterday I was up the creek with my Eska 7.5 and it vibrated the front fuel tank screw out and I couldn't crank the dang thang....had to troll 3 miles back to the put in. G@#%^^#^$%ing ESKA!!

losnbama

Petty Officer 2nd Class

absolutely mr crabs.made sure of that..i noticed the new fuel element had a bigger opening than the old..?

M

mrcrabs

All of the old original elements I have replaced had a smaller slot and thicker rubber, CPC is actually in the plastics extrusion buisness as there main interprise so I was told, so I would say that all of the new elements are CPC's take on the Tecumseh version...I have yet to have one the new ones fail but I have had a NOS element split shortly after I installed it so thats why I reject NOS kits with the element.