Sears - Gamefisher Outboard Motor 1.75

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarGazerI

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Sears - Gamefisher Outboard Motor 1.75

You know it may sound silly but I found the best way to drain and fill the tanaka was to simply remove the drain bolt and lay it at the best angle to drain and give it a 1/2 hr or so, if its thick give it a squirt of Wd or even a shot of kerosen.
We do a little bit of wild life rehab around here every year so eyedropers feeders are always handy, if not petsmart will have them in a few sizes, the little gear box dosen't hold more than a shot glass of lube to me its simply not worth pulling the gear housing apart ,humor me Robert but If I pull it apart I will no doubt get a leak and have water intrusion....I guess its just my luck, however the large eye droper will fill it in short order and save you the possibility of a leaking seal and a busted housing from water intrusion and rusted gears 9 margarita mix and tequila is very corrosive....just my 2 pennys but I don't like taking chances when mixing my drinks, gear oil tast nasty and it worked fine and quick enough for me....no big mess to deal with either..use 80-90w marine gear oil...like I said just my 2 pennys...good luck

best regards,
DougS

Hi DougS! Looks good and sounds good too. The only thing I do to protect against water leak's is I make up a 50 /50 lube. Thats 50% 80-90w gear oil and 50% STP oil Treatment. The STP keeps gears lubed even in water.. I also use a turkey injector and needle to shoot it into the hole. Do a test with STP by adding water to it. You'll see water doesn't seperate the STP. And adds better seal protection too.

regards, StarGazerI

Paul Pro

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi,I forgot to mention in my earlier post,I figured out another way to give the motor gas while in 180,"without having to reach for the handle"first I backed out the throttle cable adjuster counter clockwise tightening the line so there is no give to the throttle."I backed out the screw quite a bit until it took up all the slack.The last thing,I noticed fwhile looking at the back of the motor,I can pull downward on the throttle cable,actually accelerating a bit,not much but enough to get me going backwards without reaching for the handle.Lastly I put a tie rap eve making a loop at end to pull from,and added some goop to keep it from sliding down the cable.I put it a couple of inches obove the bottom of the cowling.I hardly use reverse anyway,and yes, you can see the tiestrap hanging out the back,but you should be able to hide it under the cowling some how.If you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything.Paulpro knows boating like Boknows baseball...also,one mans boat is another mans dream,P.S.Stargazer,and remember.. always keep looking up..Ever had a bad reaction to battery acid,I have, "it made me hard headed"

nwcove

Admiral

lol.....now that was confusing!! :p

M

mrcrabs

they are a pain to turn about with, be careful P.P. the dang things can burn you quick

Paul Pro

Petty Officer 2nd Class

they are a pain to turn about with, be careful P.P. the dang things can burn you quick

Well your finally right about something:pand yes thats how we learn,by being burned,I got hit once,left the imprent of one of the screws head from the manifold,I now shut her down
"run her out of gas"about a couple hundred yards from landing and make my way back with electric power "infinite power" :DPull back on the cable from the back of motor "downward"next time your messing with your motor,you'll see you get some throttle control,for now,I'll keep working on other mods,but actually right now,I'm in the process of modding my life:rolleyes:I made a youtube vid for you all,called "transom mod", or check "boater 305"for it,let me know if you approve,unlike others I like to be judjed.Remember ,respect your fellow fisherman,Paulpro in the vid I mention a rain guard thats because I installed this...I later added more duct tape so it would protect better against spray from a choppy bay,I added a piece which I can unfold, I normally tuck it under the rainguard so you can still see and appreciate the filter on calmer days;)[video]twin outboards[/video]use this link for youtube check under boater 305

Attachments

• airfilter mod,plus rain guard made from duct tape.jpg
    airfilter mod,plus rain guard made from duct tape.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 0
  • my new old motor,25years old,yet new.jpg
    my new old motor,25years old,yet new.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 0

Paul Pro

Petty Officer 2nd Class

StarGazer,I got a little rust on the nut to the original spark plug for my 1.75,where can I get a new one,auto parts?I did see something on ebay but I would like to match it up in person with the original.

Paul Pro

Petty Officer 2nd Class

StarGazerI; said:
",I just purchased a used Sears Gamefisher Outboard Motor 1.75" Congrats I just got one too1.75,I wonder if anyone else here was bidding on it?Motor looks to good to be true,the bidding wars were a bit tough,I got bid up by auction snipers,but Paulpro prevailed,Paulpro tip.I had two other buddies also bidding in my favor,you know ,its good to have at least one or two buds to watch your back when bidding wars break out,here is the motor I won today,I'll be glad to keep you all informed on the motor through thick and thin,its the least I can do.

Attachments

• gamefisher.jpg
    gamefisher.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 0
M

mrcrabs

No kidding you got it ....dang thing should be mine ;)

Paul Pro

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No kidding you got it ....dang thing should be mine ;)
Yea ,but I hope it works,Someone from iboats told me and I quote"Paulpro,they have another new motor for you on ebay,she's all yours:)
In the future if it works out I'm gonna run twins on my boat,thing is,running by by myself "solo",I would like to put on props from a 3hp gamefisher,my buddy,has a 3hp,still waiting to see his prop to make sure it fits,anyway I need another prop,are there any props from sears direct for a 3hp:confused:P.S.I noticed the blade is longer on a 3,but same width,looks like it will barely fit,it might hit the exhaust port,I'm worried if its someone from iboats who sold it, who knows what they may of done with it:D,plus they knew I would most likely get it.:confused:Thanks anyway for the heads up,you know you are,,this would be my third 1.75,first one I got for 50.00 but I burned her up ,my bad,I wish I had her around for parts:mad:,back then I only ran it freshwater too.Pushed a dingy/sailboat,a two in one remeber them,heavy boats,my buddy even had the mast and sail,I made him a rudder for it,good fun.Motor even went overboard one day,still ran good after that..Paulpro knows boating like Bo knows baseball...

mr.hotjetboats

Recruit

ok on the gamefisher outboard on the foot some got 4 screws an some got 3. the one with 4 screws two to hold the foot togerther an the other two are for gearoil refill vent an fill.Ok now on the one with 3 scews an yes the 3 scew foot dose take gearoil heres how to do it pull the little screw out an it has to burp bleed hold it to where the screw is an get it to were air can get in an the gearoil will drain.drain all of the gearoil out an to refill heres the trick hold the motor to were the screw is at its highest point an fill it with a long tip oil can like the triger kind anfill it to the top an wait a second an try to put more in till it full.

M

mrcrabs

I use a eye dropper I got from petsmart to fill my 3hp tanaky.
We rehab bunnys, birds, lizard and turtles, etc etc etc....and even a snake or two almost every year so feeder type eye droppers are common around my house. they come in various sizes at the pet store.

Works like a charm:)

Paul Pro

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Works like a charm:)[/QUOTE]

Niceee....Did you use the eye dropper to take out the old oil? O,mrcrabs,I have a small clip from my solo run, now on payperview,can I post it here so you can see,its a vid of my twins taking me out for a run.9.25mph "solo"and 7mph 2people 150lb ,I need bigger props:confused:Take care now yahear!

M

mrcrabs

Did you use the eye dropper to take out the old oil
No but its a simple science, just place a small gauge wire in the fill hole and tilt the gearbox to the appropriate angle, the wire wil break the tension that holds the oil back and the oil or sludge or what have you will come out, if the later use kerosen to flush it.

Your wasting your time with your dreams of a larger pitch prop on your 1.75, you will never achieve the rpm the engine was designed to run at, best guess would be 1/2 the rated rpm at WOT...its simple science P.P

Status
Not open for further replies.