clinton outboard

jimmy spy.

Cadet
i recently perchased a 7hp clinton outboard motor (model: j700 1000b serial: 366421) the shift lever is missing (PO lost it in the water) and it is stuck in gear. does anyone know where 2 get parts for this motor (like a shift lever)? and where to get a manual for it? perferably a pdf also any comon problems issues with these motors?

bassin8tor

Recruit
Re: clinton outboard

Not to hijack your post. I recently got a 3hp clinton outboard not sure what year. How do you know if the exhaust is cooled by a waterpump? Engine is air cooled. Where is the impeller located at?

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Not to hijack your post. I recently got a 3hp clinton outboard not sure what year. How do you know if the exhaust is cooled by a waterpump? Engine is air cooled. Where is the impeller located at?
In the leg above the foot

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade

i recently perchased a 7hp clinton outboard motor (model: j700 1000b serial: 366421) the shift lever is missing (PO lost it in the water) and it is stuck in gear. does anyone know where 2 get parts for this motor (like a shift lever)? and where to get a manual for it? perferably a pdf also any comon problems issues with these motors?
great motors and I have a manual for it in PDF. send me a PM with email address. I saw a shift lever on ebay for 19.00. item#370912950747

Last edited: