Where to find Goodyear 5HP water pump parts?

DAI

Cadet
I have a Goodyear 5hp boat motor with a model number of 025-3564 and was wondering where I could buy parts for the water pump.

Thanks in advance,

DAI

DAI

Cadet
Re: Where to find Goodyear 5HP water pump parts?

Ok, the parts that I need are in the pictures. Not sure what there official names are.

Attachments

• 100_0473.jpg
    100_0473.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0477.jpg
    100_0477.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 0

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Looks like the magneto cam and the pump "rotor"that was mentioned above.
Someone may have the cam part number.

DAI

Cadet

Looks like the magneto cam and the pump "rotor"that was mentioned above.
Someone may have the cam part number.

The cam goes inside the pump rotor.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Cam is part number 550085, called an "eccentric". marineengine.com has them too.

secretariatslew

Seaman Apprentice

related question- how do you know if the rubber pump is bad? Should the rubber buck tooth fit snugly into the slot? My identical pump looks to be in excellent shape but there is a little play there.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

The rubber should be a close fit on the eccentric. It should just touch the outer housing at some point. On the opposite side, there should be a space, about 1/8". It should be exactly the thickness as the depth of the cavity in the housing. As the rotor wobbles around when the shaft turns, that space moves from the inlet side to the outlet side, taking a gulp of water with it. When the space disappears at the outlet, the water is squeezed up the water tube, then the space reappears at the inlet and takes in another gulp of water. The tab separates the outlet from the inlet, so it should be a reasonably close fit, but not necessary to be real tight either. The tab has nothing to do with pumping the water, the moving space does that.

The usual problem is grease leaks out of the gearcase, and grease causes the rubber rotor to swell.

Prophammer

Chief Petty Officer

I wonder how many of these 5hp goodyears are around? I thought I had the only one!

Fishing Dude too

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Have a very old 3hp one runs well, and a 1960 5 hp that also runs well. they were made by OMC.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

There are lots of the old Gale 5hp motors around. I had one that I sold, have another one for parts, and have two 3hps, 1959 and 1960. A bit of trivia, my 1953 Gale 5 was 10% faster than the same year Johnson 5 that I had. Same boat, same load, same lake, same day. Confirmed by GPS