3hp Goodyear SeaBee

polkiopolkio

Recruit
Hey i bought a 3hp Goodyear SeaBee from late 40's/early 50's recently and i got it running. my only concern was that she doesnt seem to be sucking any water and she's smoking a bit. My questions are:
1. is the Engine water cooled or air cooled?
1. (b) if so, where is the Water intake and where is the water released?
2. Where is the gear housing, and how do i grease the gears?
3. Where is the exhaust expelled?
Thank You so much!

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: 3hp Goodyear SeaBee

1. Water Cooled.
1b. Water intake is forward of the propeller. You can't see it without removing the propeller. See #3
2. Gear housing??? The unit forward of the propeller. There is a grease fill plug on one side and a vent on the other side. Squeeze grease in till it comes out the vent. Use Lubriplate 105 "engine assembly grease" because the old Ooutboard gear grease is no longer made.
3. Exhaust comes out the big snout above the propeller. Also an exhaust relief about half way down the midsection. Cooling water blows out with the exhaust.

Glad you didn't ask more specific questions without a model number.

polkiopolkio

Recruit

1. Water Cooled.
1b. Water intake is forward of the propeller. You can't see it without removing the propeller. See #3
2. Gear housing??? The unit forward of the propeller. There is a grease fill plug on one side and a vent on the other side. Squeeze grease in till it comes out the vent. Use Lubriplate 105 "engine assembly grease" because the old Ooutboard gear grease is no longer made.
3. Exhaust comes out the big snout above the propeller. Also an exhaust relief about half way down the midsection. Cooling water blows out with the exhaust.

Glad you didn't ask more specific questions without a model number.

Model # is 025-3567 Are you sure its water cooled? i cant see the intake! thank you!

F_R

Supreme Mariner

1953 Sea Bee 3hp, made by Gale Products. Gale model 3D11G. I am absolutely, positootly sure it is water cooled. And I am positive the water pump inlet is right where I said it is. Besides, I have two of them.

Attachments

• Wobbler Pump.jpg
    Wobbler Pump.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 0

bobinphx

Cadet

I just got one of these... do you have more drawings??? I really could use it... this old girl is in rough shape and I want to make her run again!!!!!

bob in phx.