Goodyear engine id???

WILLIE G

Recruit
I have a goodyear 5 hp engine model 025-3564 sn 227524 and i am wondering what year it is and what its worth thanks willie

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Goodyear engine id???

It is a 1948, made by Gale Products, 5hp. It is a Gale model 2G7. Value depends on condition, completeness, conditon, and what you are willing to sell it for, along with what a willing buyer will pay for it. If it is that funky (ugly) looking one that I think it is, then a collector may be willing to part with a few more bucks. But don't expect to take a vacation with the proceeds. $50 average, not stuck, complete, not running.

Willyclay

Captain

Welcome to the iboats.com forum. You will find the experts here like F_R can help you with most questions concerning your boats, motors and trailers. Hopefully, you will continue to post here and keep us informed about your great old motor. Don't worry, F_R thinks my 1959 Johnson 35 was ugly also!

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Well, no comment on the '59. However the old Sea Bee that I am thinking of Was ugly.....so ugly that it is beautiful. That is what makes it desireable. I'd buy one if I could find one close by.

Attachments

• Sea Bee 2 bu Old Tubs.jpg
    Sea Bee 2 bu Old Tubs.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 0
  • Sea Bee by Old Tubs.jpg
    Sea Bee by Old Tubs.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 0

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Oops, my bad. That model number is not the funky one. Some of the funky models are 2G3 (1947-48), and 025-3550 (256A) 1945-46.

Marty T

Recruit

Just got a Goodyear outboard Model Number 025-3569 Serial Number 419106. Someone sanded and painted it for duck hunting. Any idea of what year? Plate says 5 HP.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This is Willy G's thread, Marty. It is over a year old and Willy never came back. What you have done is called a hijack, which is not good forum manners.

You will get better and quicker help if you start your own, new thread with your own, new question. It would be a good idea to use a different title so people won't confuse it with this one.

Good luck. :)