Clinton outboard,not a clue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralph69

Recruit
I have faith that someone in here can help. I have a Clinton outbord,but I don't know what year. All I have is Model#K5003108C Serial#1059230 ,and Type#XTV52250. What I need is the year,size HP ,and fuel mixture. I just got it so I don't know if it even runs yet.Any info would be a great help,even a website or phone # that I can get the info that I seek. Please and thank you fellas!!!

M

mrcrabs

Re: Clinton outboard,not a clue

Hello Ralph, read a few threads down, I believe Tom gave the phone no. and info for clinton's parts

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hello Ralph, read a few threads down, I believe Tom gave the phone no. and info for clinton's parts

Yup---but here 'tis again:

<Clinton still maintains a parts department to help keep their products running. I suggest you call 563-652-2411 with model # in hand and ask them if it's a Clinton model #. I understand that the phone is only answered part time so you may need to leave your phone # or try numerous times.>

The K500 series were built from 1972 thru 1976

5 HP @ 5,600 RPM

7.2 CID

Champion J13Y or equivalent gapped at .025"

Points gap at .020"

Recommended fuel/oil ratio of 48/1 (I wouldn't run less than 32/1 and 24/1 is an option)

Air-cooled cylinder by forced air from flywheel so fan shroud must be retained and intact for proper cooling

Lower bearing/seal/exhaust manifold and lower leg cooled by water-pump mounted atop anti-cavitation plate. Water-pump MUST be functional!

See <http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=158086> and
<http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=299680> for procedure for putting an old outboard back into service after sitting in a corner for decades as well as instructions in basic outboard maintenance.

ralph69

Recruit

Dang guys thanks, plenty of info here to get started. From what I understand it was running 5 years ago,and stored properly,so I have my fingers crossed. THANKS AGAIN!!! And I will be back to this forum,lots of knowledge. Only wish I would have known about 2 years ago when I found an outboard made by a pressure cooker manufacturer,had to get rid of it because couldn't find anything about it.

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Petty Officer 1st Class

Dang guys thanks, plenty of info here to get started. From what I understand it was running 5 years ago,and stored properly,so I have my fingers crossed. THANKS AGAIN!!! And I will be back to this forum,lots of knowledge. Only wish I would have known about 2 years ago when I found an outboard made by a pressure cooker manufacturer,had to get rid of it because couldn't find anything about it.

In which case you also need to know about the antique outboard 'Ask-a-member' board that is open to anyone seeking help with vintage outboards.

<http://www.aomci.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=askamember>

djohnson1252

Seaman Apprentice
I have a Montgomery Ward Sea King 4 h/p manufactured by Clinton Engines Corp.
Model# K400 1106A
Serial# 521189
Type# 60 27204 R
I'd like to find out the year and possibly a link to a repair manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.