kingfisher 7.5

ihbinder345

Recruit
I just got a kingfisher 7.5. it runs good and all, but some times it will not start in neutral. some times it will start in 2-3 pulls and some times a few more. the model number is 217586752 and the serial number is 58016165. i was wondering if anyone had a manual for it or could tell me were to get one. or if someone could maybe point me in the right direction of what might be wrong. thank you

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: kingfisher 7.5

I just got a kingfisher 7.5. it runs good and all, but some times it will not start in neutral. some times it will start in 2-3 pulls and some times a few more. the model number is 217586752 and the serial number is 58016165. i was wondering if anyone had a manual for it or could tell me were to get one. or if someone could maybe point me in the right direction of what might be wrong. thank you

The only 'Kingfisher' I find in Peter Hunn's 'The Old Outboard Book' is a 30s era air-cooled 'economy' motor of @ 5/8 HP produced by Loos Machine Shop in Colby, Wisconsin for a Minneapolis retailer. They built @ 500 before a fire in the shop ended production and any records that would provide definitive data at this juncture.

So I wasn't very successful in finding any data for you. Can you provide any more info concerning actual manufacturer, retailer, operating principles, carb make & model or engine data?

In the meantime review the following sites for general shop practices concerning getting old motors running right.

<http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=158086>

<http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=299680>

ihbinder345

Recruit

thanks for correcting me. i knew it was a gamefisher. i was trying to get it done quick fast and in a hurry. and have no idea where i pulled kingfisher from.

M

mrcrabs

you really don't need a repair manual unless you have a type "A" personality and no mechanical skills...a owners manual will give you a diagram of all parts and locations, the sears diagrams do it for me. spend that money on parts and search this forum and you may even find a sears parts manual...I know there around;)

and have no idea where i pulled kingfisher from

I am the "KingFisher"...just ask my grandson Jake:D