mono and clinton outboard

looking for any information on a mono outboard with a tecumseh powerhead model# t-636-04a serial # 4946174 the clinton has several #s 1. k350 3106a 2. 1000612 3.6052235r needing both year and make on the clinton on the mono need year and hp thanks and does anyone have parts diagram for either please let me know thanks

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: mono and clinton outboard

looking for any information on a mono outboard with a tecumseh powerhead model# t-636-04a serial # 4946174 the clinton has several #s 1. k350 3106a 2. 1000612 3.6052235r needing both year and make on the clinton on the mono need year and hp thanks and does anyone have parts diagram for either please let me know thanks

"The Old Outboard Book' covers Mono very briefly indeed noting mainly that it was assembled in Springfield, MO starting @ 1963 and used a tube to carry water up to the lower engine/exhaust leg suggesting that the 3-71/2 HP motors used no waterpump. Unless you can find a Mono 'expert' on the antique outboard club site <http://www.aomci.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=askamember> then you're gonna be pretty much on your own. The Mono (as evidenced by the engine model you provided--T-636-04A) might be cross referenced by using that # in the Eska/Sears ID tables at
<http://home.earthlink.net/~brixent/eskaid.htm> to find a Sears or Eska that used the same engine or one with a very similar Engine Type No.

It would be great if you would share the result of your research here when completed to educate us should we too encounter one.

If my Intertec manual is correct the K-350 was produced from '76 thru '78.
HTH, Tom

found out the mono powerhead is from years 1961-1967 its a 4 hp tecumseh model v-51 it came on mono models 1961 model m-4 1962 model m-5 1963-1965 model m5-a 1966-1967 model m5a so can anyone help me find parts for a tecumseh v-51 all i contact says no such #s thanks i found all that in the old outboard service manual volume 1from intertec manual from the library :confused:

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Petty Officer 1st Class

found out the mono powerhead is from years 1961-1967 its a 4 hp tecumseh model v-51 it came on mono models 1961 model m-4 1962 model m-5 1963-1965 model m5-a 1966-1967 model m5a so can anyone help me find parts for a tecumseh v-51 all i contact says no such #s thanks i found all that in the old outboard service manual volume 1from intertec manual from the library :confused:

Certified Parts <http://www.certifiedpartscorp.com/> owns the remains of both Eska and Tecumseh. If they can't help you then you're looking at trying to find NOS on a shelf somewhere OR used parts. In either case the best sources are either de-bay or the free adverting board on the antique outboard club website.

<http://www.aomci.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=Webvertize>

thanks for all the help finally found some info on the tecumseh finally found all the parts to overhaul after contacting a dozen and more places had to buy a microfiche off ebay to get the part #s for the tecumseh but research took awhile but its finally coming togetherjust want it for an extra working power head incase the clinton goes out till i could get it repaired the mounting plate is all the same so hopefully fingers crossed by next year i'll have a boat to put the clinton on to go fishing its rough going when on disability so thanks for the help

thought i could get the stuck piston out of the cylinder head on the tecumseh after aweek of trying to get out i finally had to bust the piston to get out and broke the rod after i finally found someone that had a set of rings :mad:i was foping to save the piston but i know now i wouldn't been able to save any way i tried it was rust fused tight so back to the parts search ill keep posted as things develope for mono fans

pie4himm

Cadet

I just picked up a small Mono outboard motor yesterday at an estate auction,,,it is still in the pickup with the other stuff.. I plan on re-selling it..if interested I can get more details about it...