• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Below are some additional forum policies in hopes of all iboats members will follow, Thank you.

1. Please do not reply to old topics or hijack existing topics. Old topics of a technical nature are like a library book, Please do not write in them.

2. Old topics should be considered archives and used for reference only. Please do not reply to them.

3. Do not take over someone elseís topic (aka hijack) with your own question, even if it is similar. If you have a question that has not been covered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new topic of your own.

4. If you have a question for the original poster (OP) and the topic is over 30 days old, send the OP a PM, he may not even visit the forums any longer, or may not notice your question in the old topic.

5. By starting your own topic, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum helpers that may not even notice your question when itís posted at the end of someone elseís topic. And those answers will be specific to your particular issue.

6. Please do not post to topics that have been inactive for more than 3 months unless you are the original poster. We have very active forums and any topic that remains inactive for that long should be considered "dead". It is especially confusing when there is an entirely new question posted to an old topic.

7. Posting at the end of any topic is considered to be hijacking the original posters topic which in turn subjects the topic to be closed if it continues to happen thus not making it fair to the original poster in the future had for some reason he/she needed to return for additional information or provide an update of the problem solved which is always welcomed within a reasonable amount of time frame.

8. Please note that you should see a red banner pop up near the bottom of each inactive topic asking you not to reply to old topics. The Red banner will read: Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

Sears 3.5hp outboard

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sears 3.5hp outboard

Hello-

I recently got a older sears outboard motor...Model Ser.# 682 6091 76477 Can someone please give me some info on where I can get some parts or manuals or anything...I do need to get a gas can for it? Lookin for some info.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Sears 3.5hp outboard

That's not a valid Sears model number. Where are you finding that number on your outboard? There should be a metal tag somewhere near the transom mount. If you can find that, give us the numbers on it.

Sure...go ahead and laugh at my old aluminum boat. It's paid for!

Comment

OK...Maybe that is why I can't find any informtion? That was the number listed on the Craigslist ad...my father in-law is bringing the motor down this weekend, I'll check on the motor for a number. More info to later. Thank you!

Comment

Yup. Let us know when you have the numbers, and we'll try to offer what help we can.

Comment

OK...so my father in-law brought it down lastnight. This thing is pretty cool! The motor fires right up...what I need to find is a gas connection of some sorts. Right now there isn't one, just using a squirt bottle with a piece of hose? Any help on a solution would be great!

The tag on the transom says the following (different then what was posted on the ad) Model 582 6091 Sears, Roebuck & Co. USA
          Simpsons-Sears Limited. Canada

Any help for where to get a gas conncecttion would be great....Thanks!

Jess

Comment

OK, that's sort of a rare item, made by Clinton for Sears Canada in 1967. Those were sold only in Canada, as far as I know.

As such, it doesn't show up with a parts diagram at www.searspartsdirect.com

If it did, I'd be able to see the fuel fitting. If it looks like an air hose quick disconnect thing, then it's a Chrysler fitting, which should be available at any marine store or right here on iboats.

If it's something else, I recommend replacing the fitting on the outboard with a standard Johnson/Evinrude fitting. You may have to do a bit of reverse engineering, but that'll be the easiest and least expensive solution.

Parts and stuff can be had. There's an ebay seller who specializes in Clintons. Search for Clinton outboard parts on ebay and visit his store. Stuff like points and carb kits should be readily available. Other stuff, not so easily available. You may even be able to find a manual, although it'll have to be for another 3.5 hp model from around the same time. Very few changes were made in these things over the years, so any mid to late 60s 3.5 hp Clinton will probably use most of the same parts as yours.

Comment

You can contact Clinton Engine Products:

563-652-2411

They dont use internet/email. Just leave a voice mail with the serial/part number from the plate. They can send you original parts/manuals. I am rebuilding my 3.5 hp now. These guys bought up all the parts/etc when they went out of business.

Hope this helps.

Comment

This might be the one you have. See next post for the last few pages.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X