cruise n carry 2.7 outboard

myharley

Recruit
i bought this motor on line, engine runs great, the prob I am having is the one speed trans. I have taken it apart two dozen times. should be simple but I can't get it. the prop shaft is spring loaded and it seems to prevent the shaft from fully engaging the trans. if i tap on the shaft it engages, however in the water the pressure pushes the prop aft and the gear will disengage. help please.

Fairview22

Recruit
Re: cruise n carry 2.7 outboard

i bought this motor on line, engine runs great, the prob I am having is the one speed trans. I have taken it apart two dozen times. should be simple but I can't get it. the prop shaft is spring loaded and it seems to prevent the shaft from fully engaging the trans. if i tap on the shaft it engages, however in the water the pressure pushes the prop aft and the gear will disengage. help please.

I recently got a cruise n carry 2700 from a friend.. It wasn't running, but I quickly found that there was debri in the fuel line. After cleaning it ran fine for a minute and then the prop started to slip as you mentioned... I unscrewed the top and bottom screws from the lower unit and removed the prop and shaft. I had found that the center of the shaft had a spring loaded gear engage. One of the links had snapped and I found a solution. I machined the shaft from a #5 bolt down to fit inside the shaft and then cut it to fit the length from the end of the shaft to the gear engage plus the distance that the spring pushed the gear engage forward. It sounds involved but everything was done with a grinder and a hacksaw. No problems since then..... good luck!!!!