40s/50s Champion Outboard

chrislee85

Cadet
Does anyone know how/where to identify a Champion Motor? Also, any good sources for parts or info?

Thanks,
Chris

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: 40s/50s Champion Outboard

I just picked up a Voyeger a private label by Champion
There should be a tag on the outside portion of the mounting bracket.Number info can be found in Peter Hunns the old outboard book.We can help you identify.Other partsand info may be found at The Antique Outboard Motor Club. www.aomci.org

chrislee85

Cadet

There is a number on the mounting bracket "2K216820". Not sure if this is the correct number, but it is very similar looking to this motor.

http://sportfishworld.com/for_sale/blueribbonchampion/BlueRibbonChampion.php

I have not compared them closely, but based on what I have seen, they do look a lot alike. Also, I have not had the opportunity to start working on this motor, but it looks to be fairly complete and I am certain it needs the basic work (carbs, etc).

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Model 2K, 1948-52, 4.2hp Single cylinder. Amazingly good running old motors.

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

Some parts are available...mostly used...you have to scrounge for them. Nice motors when brought back to life.

chrislee85

Cadet

Do you know of any sources for any particular parts? I am unable to work on it this week because of work, but look forward to diving deep into it next week. I would like to research/purchase any parts so they/I am ready to work on it next weekend.

Also, do you know of any carb parts (gaskets, etc) from other motors that will work for this motor?

Thanks again.
Chris

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

The guys on the Ask A Member board at www.aomci.org should know of a parts source. I'd bet that carb kits aren't available, if they were ever offered. You can make/cut your own carb gaskets from gasket material purchased at auto parts stores. Very simple carbs, little to go wrong as long it's all there...probably needs a thorough cleaning though.