1976a Eska fuel mix ratio & parts source

gundyboater

Recruit
I was recently given an Eska 7.5 HP Model 1976-a Serial # 57. There was no manual or instructions with it and I am not sure of the fuel mix ratio. There was a small amount of fuel in the integrated tank and the motor would'nt start right away. I,m unsure of the best way to set the rich/lean mix knob. There was also fuel leaking from the remote tank inlet and I assume I can block the fuel line with a tee to stop it. (or try to find a compatible tank)

I could also use some help to find a Canadian or US supplier for parts if I need them.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1976a Eska fuel mix ratio & parts source

Fuel mix is 32:1, use TCW3 rated oil.Certified parts corp or check the net for Eska.There may be a shut off for the remote connector.A single line tank will work, you could adapt almost any connector.If it has sat around a lot you will have to go through the fuel system from tank to carb.
These are marginal performers and usually finicky to operate.They are a low cost entrance to boating if you can get it to operate without too much cost.
If it was mine I would get it to opertate as good as possible and sell it and apply the money toward the E/J 5,5.5,6,7.5 or 8 hp.All will out perform the Eska.

gundyboater

Recruit
Re: 1976a Eska fuel mix ratio & parts source

Thanks for the info on the mix. I've been doing some other digging on the website and have found out a few other things like it being produced under quite a few other brand names and that it is air cooled. Now that I have the fuel mixture I'm going to try to get it going this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out. Have a great weekend.