Volvo Penta Outboard Parts

hansenb88

Recruit
Hi,
I currently have a Volvo-Penta outboard motor 5hp, and I need a recoil spring for it. Because Volvo-Penta only made outboards between around 73-76, and most were manufactured overseas (Sweden for mine), I can not locate any parts. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: Volvo Penta Outboard Parts

Where are you located? There seems to be some action on Volvo Penta outboard parts on the UK version of eBay. You might want to search there. I think you'll have a tough time if you're in the US with those parts, but there seems to be a lively trade in them in the UK. I'm sure you could get someone to ship you what you need from there.

ebay.co.uk

Good luck!

FredericoPIP

Recruit

Hi, i am in the same boat, so to speak, just bought a 5.1 VP outboard, it runs , but need TLC, so If you find any joy, pls let me know, I would like to get my hands on a pdf manual..

cheers

gblaufuss

Cadet

I too have a Volvo Penta in need of parts. See my post from today for details. Any direction as to where to get parts would be appreciated. Googleing VP gets you lots of results for the IOs but nothing for outboards.

mbertsche

Recruit

I have a VP 9.9 w/ Elec start & gen - looking for impeller. I have an owners manual (hard copy) if that would help anyone else. If anyone finds a source for parts please post.
Thanks
Mark

lecomtej

Recruit

Here is the best supplier for old volvo penta outboard parts.
They are based in the USA, but ship world wide.
I have used this company with great success:
www.frenchcreekmarina.com

powerzap69

Cadet

I have a 5 hp (i'm guessing) volvo penta outboard motor. my friend im selling it for claimed it was a 4 stroke engine, but after reading up on them im beggining to think its a 2 stroke. can't see into well enough to see if it has valves without dissasembling it. and the only info i found is in swedish but i can't seem to deciphor it properly. its in exellent shape and starts right up first pull. it also has a connection for an external battery charger to keep your battery charged. going to test to see if its 6 volt or 12 volt. the brochur i read stated (6 volt optional 12 volt for 4 st)??? im just wondering if st stands for stroke? any help would be usefull. and whats the value on an outboard like this in exellent shape physically? i was asking 150 for it. im in az. thanks
oh yeah tag on engine is NR 033140113 picture attached

Attachments

• head.JPG
    head.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 0