Wards Sea King, repair manual, Identify year

Bja0816

Recruit
I just purchase a WARDS SEA KING 5 HP. MOD. 60-28925, SER. 432230. I was wondering where i can get parts and repair manual, i also need to know what year it is. any help would be great

thanks

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: Wards Sea King, repair manual, Identify year

I just purchase a WARDS SEA KING 5 HP. MOD. 60-28925, SER. 432230. I was wondering where i can get parts and repair manual, i also need to know what year it is. any help would be great

thanks

That's not a valid Wards model number. Look around on the engine and see if you can find the model number. It should start with three letters, like VWB.

If you give us that number, we'll be able to give you the year, the manufacturer and some tips on finding a manual and parts.

Bja0816

Recruit

here are some pictures to maybe give a general idea, of what year and maybe manufacturer

Attachments

• 0a2a_1.jpg
    0a2a_1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1152_1.jpg
    1152_1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 0

CATransplant

Admiral

OK, the 28925 fits with an Eska-made 5hp model from 1969. It's air-cooled, with an impeller pumping water to cool just the exhaust.

You would use 2-cycle oil in that one, the type made for chainsaws, etc, and should mix it at 16:1, I believe. It could be a leaner mix than that, but I can't say for sure, and you'll be safe with that mix.

The model number would actually be CED-28925, rather than what you gave, but the numbers match, and the cowling looks about right for the year.

You can confirm this by pulling off the cover. You should see fins on the single cylinder engine.

A lot of parts are still available for that outboard from certifiedpartscorp.com, but you won't see them listed on the site. You have to call the number on the site and talk to someone.

CATransplant

Admiral

Oh, yeah...you can find a parts or repair manual for that on eBay. Search for Eska manual, and you'll see several of them. Choose one that matches that year for a 5 hp. There weren't a lot of changes in them, through the mid 70's, so whatever manual you find should help.

Eska made outboards for a lot of companies. Typically they have a Tecumseh engine with a Tillotson carburetor. Your local small engine repair shop should have carb kits available, along with ignition parts. Just don't tell them it's an outboard. Take the carburetor in with you. For ignition parts, take the whole outboard in.

If you're nice and the guy's not busy, he'll be able to find that stuff.

For everthing else go to the link in the previous message and call the nice man there. Have all the numbers from anywhere on the engine you can find, and he'll help you find what you need.

Be really nice to him, too. He's the last hope for Eska owners.

Bja0816

Recruit

Thanks Guys, She Should Be Up And Running By Next Weekend

dakotadon

Recruit

I've got the same motor Ser # 432258 . Found it in a condo in Evanston Il. from what I gather it was used in the 70's and put up for the last 35 years or so . I've been trying to get info on it and this sure helped . Haven't run it yet but everything moves .

Bja0816

Recruit

I had forgot about this post. I got mine on EBAY for $100 and the outboard still runs strong I don't use it much anymore I bought a used Triton aluminum bass boat, but I do get it out and fire it up every month or so. I wound up not having to order any parts for mine, just took the carb. apart cleaned all the varnish out of it and flushed the gas tank real well and it fired right up and with a little carb tuning I had it on the lake the next day and she would move my 12' jon boat pretty good even with me and my wife and all our gear. I have considered selling it and the jon boat due to lack of use but still not sure if I want to or not

http://www.discount-marine-parts.com/ob_eska.html