Tanaka 300 help

weak spark

Recruit
I have a Tanaka 300 that has a bad bearing in the clutch case. How do you get the drive shaft out and the clutch assy. off? I'm really stumped on this one.

ragu

Seaman
Re: Tanaka 300 help

check out tanakas home page they have a parts list for that motor might be able to see how it comes apart by looking at that..... also i sent you a pm

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

You should have a manualThough mine isn't much help.
No instructions addressing the clutch bit::
You must remove the power head.directions say "remove anything that might interfere with power head removal.""unscrew powerhead from adapter plate or clutch case and seperate from lower unit". I think this will expose the clutch case These instructions are the beginning of removal of powerhead for disassembly.
No explanation of repair to the clutch case.

weak spark

Recruit

I have everything disasembled. I am talking about the round cyclinder that the clutch from the engine actually grabs and spins the prop. The exploded view names this as a clutch shaft comp.
Does this supposed to slip off of the drive shaft to the prop or is it welded on?
Does anyone know?

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

In my book it is described as a clutch shaft it is cup, shaped and appears seperate from the shaft.
Looks like the shaft is square doesn't look like a spline.
There is a small snap ring that appears to go under the bearing and a large snap ring that appears to go above the bearing.These may hold the bearing to the bottom of the cup.It appears the bottom of the clutch case may be a clamp that tightens around the bearing
thus holding the cup in place in the clutch case.Otherwise I see no way to hold the cup in place.
You might look in the cup for a bolt that may attach the cup to the shaft but there is no indication of such a thing.

camy11

Recruit

Any one know where to get a driveshaft for Gamefisher 3 horse, or Tanaka 300? model # 298596192-Part #075-35300-800

robert graham

Admiral

I sheared off the driveshaft on my first Tanaka 3 HP and found it easier to just buy another Tanaka 3 HP and use the old one for parts....real nice to have all those parts, especially on that motor!...