JC Penny ourboard ????

sportcraft17

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi there, I just bough this nice outboard it has a sticker on front and these is what is written. <br /><br />3hp/85CC <br />Air Cool engine<br />Power loop engine <br />Forward and full pivot reverse<br /><br />Any idea what year, oil ratio, sparkplug on this motor?<br /><br />Model: 1000<br />Serial #: 57-110544<br /><br />And what is Full pivot reverse?<br /><br />The motor start I just don’t know how to reverse?<br /><br />I will really appreciate any help that I can get.<br /><br />Thank you

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: JC Penny ourboard ????

I would guess that powerhead is a Tecumseh, which should use 24:1 with chainsaw or weedwhacker oil. That's only a guess, so if anyone knows better, pay attention to them, not me.<br /><br />What that "full pivot reverse" means is that you turn the engine 180* to get it to go backward. Be sure that it is at low speed when you do that. :)

Paul Moir

Admiral
Re: JC Penny ourboard ????

JB's right on, it's a 1975 1 cyilnder 3hp Tecumseh powered outboard. The original manufacturer was Eska, who were in the business of putting Tecumseh engines on top of their own midsection & lower units. The chart I have says 32:1 is acceptable, but if it were me I would probably mix it a little rich anyway.<br />The engine is a model # 642-20. It takes a Champion J13Y gapped at .030"