Waterwitch parts, info?

joaklay

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi,<br /> I just picked up a Sears Waterwitch that appears to be in good overall condition BUT is missing its spark plug. Anyone here know where I can locate one?<br /> <br /> Anyone know where I can find more info on these anywhere?<br /> Btw, yes I'm a member of AOMCI too but I get more responses here believe it or not.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Waterwitch parts, info?

The model number would help us identify the plug.<br />Fuel mix is 3/4 pt to a gallon.Point gap is .020.<br /> Plug gap is .025 on all except 31-34A,41-44w.<br /> which are set at .030.

joaklay

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The only thing I see is on the top flywheel pulley under (and to the right) where it says "model #", there's a stamp where it looks like 214. I see no other #s anywhere else. Hope that helps?

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

So that's what it was supposed to look like. I had one. I basically gave it away, but it was little more than scrap. I think it was a 1938 Caille 2.5Hp. See if the model looks more like 571.10. I may have the wrong index card. According to this source it's an opposed twin. I don't recall having any opposed twins besides Johnsons and an Eltos. At any rate, have a look here...<br /> http://www.discount-marine-parts.com/ob_waterwitch.html <br /><br />There's a link toward the bottom of the page for the model year guide. I looked again and I think they're wrong about it being a twin. It also says 1937 and another source put it at 1938. If you look at the 1937 571.10 and 1938 571.11 I think they're the same, but the info for the .10 is incorrect.

joaklay

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Too bad they don't include any pics there. It's a water cooled 1 cyl motor, not an opposed twin.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Thanks for trying to help out, but this topic has been inactive for over 10yrs.

Please refrain from posting in topics thaylt have been inactive for more then 90days. Thanks