Archimedes 39 fuel/oil ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMcConnell79

Cadet
Hi all, <br /><br />I have recently aquired an Archimedes 39 outboard however, i do not know what the correct fuel mix is - does anyone else have any idea, 10:1, 25:1 etc? Also, as i understand it these engines are impossible to get parts for. Does anyone have any information about them. I got the engine for free and it does start and run.

therealbear

Recruit
Re: Archimedes 39 fuel/oil ratio

gday youre about the only other person i know with an archimedes penta ive got a 55hp<br />for parts try wilburt <br />the web site is www.frenchcreekmarina.com<br />they ship world wide and have everthing i have needed so far impellor pawl thermos gaskets etc<br />cheers Bruce <br />Melbourne Australia

Paul Moir

Admiral

My list shows 24:1 for the 39. But that's about all the info I've got.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Paul do you happen to know the right ratio for the 5hp volvo penta too?

oby

Cadet

how you doing,fellow countryman,.i've recently bought a volvo penta 400 outboard, searched everywhere for parts or manuals,this site may be of help for spares-http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/used_outboard_spares.php

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks mate-I use B&A quite a lot to find stuff. I find ebay is better for parts though-there's quite a few trashed volvos go through there. I recently bought a pair of scrap 600's for a mate on there for £15.

sheinila

Recruit

Hi everyone,<br /><br />I just bought ignition parts for my friends penta 3.9 Hp (Crescent / Archimedes / Penta...) and it might be good to know that these small one cylinder engines used the same ignition as some European mopeds (1.5 hp, 50cc) in the early 60's. At least Swedish, Dutch, German and Finnish made two wheelers used 'Stefa 6V / 17W' magneto that was used also in these small outboards. One of the internet shops in Finland is able to provide new ignition parts such as the ignition coil (www.mc-scatter.com). Only difficulty is that it's only in Finnish...

rfbaker

Recruit

Hi all, <br /><br />I have recently aquired an Archimedes 39 outboard however, i do not know what the correct fuel mix is - does anyone else have any idea, 10:1, 25:1 etc? Also, as i understand it these engines are impossible to get parts for. Does anyone have any information about them. I got the engine for free and it does start and run.

rfbaker here
page 6-6 of the manual says fifty to one "approved outboard motor oil."
27 April 2011

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Howdy, RFBaker.

Welcome to iboats. :)

While we encourage new members to use the SEARCH function to get information we strongly discourage replying to, in this example, posts that haven't been active for six years. No contributor to this thread has even been on the site since 2005.

Grumman Historian

Seaman Apprentice

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle ! I also own a magnificent example of Swedish engineering. A model 39 Volvo/Penta. I'm in south Florida. It has a 25" very long shaft and apparently was designed for a small sailboat transom. The black rubberized finish, balanced carrying handle, external tank adapter, auxiliary 12 v. output, all speak well of the Swedes. It hangs beautifully on my shop wall together w. about 150 other nice old motors. It was made around the early 1970's. I have a color brochure of The motor and it's sisters.

Status
Not open for further replies.