Montgomery Ward Sea King

Meaux

Seaman
Subj. Montgomery Ward Sea King<br /><br />The model and serial number of the subject motor<br />are as follows:<br />35GG-9015A<br />500695<br /><br />I need to know the year of manufacture, horsepower and parts availability for this motor.<br />Also, was this motor made by the Gale Corp.?<br /><br />Your help will be greatly appreciated.<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Meaux

Tracy Coleman

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Montgomery Ward Sea King

Meaux<br />1953 5hp Basicly a Johnson/Evinrude (OMC) built by the Gale Products Division who also built, Buccaneer, Hiawatha, Sea Flyer, Sea Bee, Sea King,<br />Brooklure, and Western Flyer. Try www.aomci.org/ for more info.<br />Backfire ;)

Meaux

Seaman

Backfire---Thanks a heap for the quick comeback!<br /><br />I'm a misplaced Arkie myself---fished lakes Hamilton, Cathrine, and Ouachita when it was first formed.<br /><br />Meaux

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

NAPA has a pretty good line of marine parts under<br />their sierra brand.Probably have some for yours.

Meaux

Seaman

Thanks Steelespike for the input--- I'll check 'em out at first opportunity.<br /><br />Meaux

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

Meaux,<br />You have a 53 Gale Sea King made for MWard, 5 hp. Probably a lot like my 53 Gale buccaneer 5.5 hp except for recoil/rope cover and tank spout location. let me know if you need parts sources beyond NAPA. I'm about halfway through reconditioning my Gale.

Meaux

Seaman

tim Mc<br /> Thanks for the input----what other sources of parts for these Gale motors have you found??? <br />I may need to try them all.<br /><br />Thanks again,<br /><br />Meaux

thosch

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Twin City Outboards is a great place for parts. Probably have in excess of 10,000 outboards in inventory. They have never failed to come up with a part for my outboards over the years.

Meaux

Seaman

Thanks to Rolmops and T.H. for the info on Twincity Outboards as a parts source. I'll bookmark them and check 'em out.<br /><br />Meaux

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

Best place to start for parts is the links page at aomic.org website. They just about cover it all. Is your sea king seaworthy? Gonna tune it and use it? These old generic E-rudes are pretty tough.

Meaux

Seaman

tim Mc<br /><br /> The old Sea King actually belongs to my one of my stepsons. I run it when he first got it about 10 years ago. I'd like to put it back in service and use it myself. It weighs a ton! I tried your suggested www.aomic.org url but drew a blank---am I missing something in the syntax??<br /><br />regards,<br /><br />Meaux<br /><br />Meaux2@yahoo.com

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

No, it's just my poor typing sometimes.<br />that site was mentioned before, the antique outboard motor club inc. or www.aomci. I had the letters wrong. <br />the spark components are easy to replace, but carb parts are becoming more and more scarce/expensive. If the carb ain't leaking or otherwise messed up, don't open it up...just clean it occasionally with carb cleaner.

Meaux

Seaman

tim Mc<br /><br /> Thanks again for the input----actually this old motor looks great----no dings or dents--as I remember, the fuel line valve did leak but I think just repacking the packing gland will stop that. I'd love to have decals to replace the worn ones----does anyone make decals for old models? <br /><br />Meaux

hkemp

Recruit

Meaux,<br />You have a 53 Gale Sea King made for MWard, 5 hp. Probably a lot like my 53 Gale buccaneer 5.5 hp except for recoil/rope cover and tank spout location. let me know if you need parts sources beyond NAPA. I'm about halfway through reconditioning my Gale.

i have a montgomery ward sea king 6 made by chrysler its a 1973 i need a prop for it where can i get one?